Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devalaous

Doom II XBLA Achievements Revealed

GhostlyDeath said:

Practically all of them are super easy to achieve.

Except for 100 kills in deathmatch. That'll be impossible for those people who aren't paying for Live Gold. (And, knowing the XBL players' tendency to mass flock to other games, will probably be impossible in about two months after the game is released as nobody will be playing it anymore.)

How does one get 100% items in a level? I never quite understood how that score is tallied.

Also, the cyberdemon fisting one might be a little tricky on the XBOX controller.

eargosedown said:

How does one get 100% items in a level? I never quite understood how that score is tallied.

Also, the cyberdemon fisting one might be a little tricky on the XBOX controller.

Items - health and armor bonuses and powerup spheres, mainly. Health and ammo aren't counted.

WildWeasel said:

Except for 100 kills in deathmatch. That'll be impossible for those people who aren't paying for Live Gold. (And, knowing the XBL players' tendency to mass flock to other games, will probably be impossible in about two months after the game is released as nobody will be playing it anymore.)

That's when you start a thread and get a schedual going and have a massive deathmatch. Achievement whoring at it's best.

eargosedown said:

On level 10, you could probably do it if you grab the invincibility sphere and punch him out with Berserk.

The kills may be able to be done in Player Matches like in Ultimate Doom, I got a girl to help me out with that, we had a long deathmatch session in Dis till we both got the 100 kills. Cant wait to do it again on Dead Simple.

I think Nerve got their hands on the comic during the time they were making No Rest For the Living and loved it, hence why practically all the achievement names are based on great quotes from it. I wonder if you have to just deal the killing blow with the fist or kill him with nothing but the fist.

Regardless, I cant wait for this. May just buy some MS points in preparation so I can download it the day its released :D

Ragnor said:

In other words, its finally getting close to being released.

Hopefully soon.

Ragnor said:

May just buy some MS points in preparation so I can download it the day its released :D

Have some points since month, awaiting it's released.

Microsoft gave me a nice surprise today, the 400 point rebate I was owed from buying all the games released during their Block Party event a while back. If Doom 2 is 400 points like Wolfenstein 3D was, I'm all set!

This reminds me that I must finish Episode five and six in that.

Beat any level on nightmare? Are you kidding me? entryway has like 10 monsters in it :(

DeathevokatioN said:

What? A new episode?

It's a pity my brother's fagbox says that DooM isn't available to our local region.

Which local region is that?

Anybody know who the specific mappers are and if they've done anything before? Also, anybody know if No Rest for the Living will be ported to PC? (Unlikely, I Guess)

EvilNed said:

Anybody know who the specific mappers are and if they've done anything before? Also, anybody know if No Rest for the Living will be ported to PC? (Unlikely, I Guess)

Officially? Unlikely. Unofficially? My bet is "within the first day of availability".

Thats probably just a newbie to Doom getting the hang of it :p

Ultimate Doom on XBLA is as fast paced as always, and I have no doubt this will be too.

Woolie Wool said:

I wish there was a mouse-and-keyboard controller for the 360.

That's what you got a computer for :P

The first time I ever played DooM was at a computer fair with a controller, and a few weeks later when I finally got my hands on a copy I thought exactly the opposite. heh I think it worked because of auto aim, though.

I need to get my brothers Xbox sorted out or make a plan so I can get ultimate nostalgia! Hopefully I can also turn the graphics and resolution and just about everything down.

:)

The graphics on both are still software-rendered, but at a high resolution that you cant change.

You can change the screensize though.

Woolie Wool said:

I wish there was a mouse-and-keyboard controller for the 360. Gamepads for FPS games = fail.

I actually found the controls for Ultimate Doom on XBLA to be pretty good except for having to hold the left trigger down all the time to run.

Gez said:

Officially? Unlikely. Unofficially? My bet is "within the first day of availability".

This is my bet too. The 360 hackers are really fast as of late, and the tools needed to extract the image will be available soon, if not even the tools for xbla doom are working. This way you will get the wad(s) for the new episode really fast.

The references to the Doom comic in the achievement names are kinda cool, but I wonder how many people will actually get it (aside from the obvious Doom fanatics around here). Anyways, I might get this just to check out the new episode, provided I have any points left on my account. It's been so long since I even turned on my 360. I would like to try out the multiplayer but I haven't updated my gold account...so oh well :P