Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

ModNation Racers PS3 demo

DOWNLOAD IT NOW

Look who's ready to race!

And where would Captain Cledo be without his Rover?

Unfortunately, you can't actually race on the tracks you make yet (just test drives) but that's not going to stop me form making crazy tracks while I wait for the 25th (you can keep the tracks, mods, and karts you create when the full game comes out, but you can't use them in the one track demo race).

I must say this looks ace. Has the potential to deliver where Lego Racers failed...

If only my PS3 didn't suck at wi-fi and take two hours to download a 15 MB update that is absolutely required to enter the Playstation Store.

(Wonder if I've still got a spare ethernet cable that's long enough to reach it.)

I stopped using the wi-fi on my PS3 over a year ago. It just wasn't worth the hassle having to reset my router every day.

Interesting strategy to let you make custom cars/drivers/tracks in the demo that you can only play in the full version.

I thought the demo was OK but I'm not that interested in kart racing. I'm glad somebody is finally going up against Mario Kart, though.

david_a said:

Interesting strategy to let you make custom cars/drivers/tracks in the demo that you can only play in the full version.

Well the demo's creation tools are limited, but people have made some cool stuff nonetheless.

Jodwin said:

:(

Well there's a PSP version as well, but no, not for your DS.

DuckReconMajor said:

Well there's a PSP version as well, but no, not for your DS.

Not sure I'd like that on DS, but PC would be just fine. :P Why anyone would want a PS3 anyway is something I can't understand.

DuckReconMajor said:

Well there's a PSP version as well.

After checking a quick read about the game, I might actually consider getting this for my PSP since there isn't any other game for this system that I want this year besides the upcoming Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep game this summer.

Jodwin said:

Why anyone would want a PS3 anyway is something I can't understand.

Do you want the comprehensive list?

Jodwin said:

Why anyone would want a PS3 anyway is something I can't understand.

inFamous, Uncharted, MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, Killzone 2, Wipeout HD...

Yes, it is basically LittleBigPlanet crossed with Mario Kart. Yes, that is the point. And yes, it is going to kick all kinds of ass once it comes out. I wish more console games would embrace the whole "Play Create Share" philosophy of these games. "But Spork," you say, "we've been able to do this with PC games for years and years and YEARS." Well of course. That's all fine and good, but up until now there have been very few console games with good built in tools for creating new content. I think the success of games like LittleBigPlanet are proof that it's possible to create customization tools in console games that are both easy to use for beginners and also provide a lot of depth for those that want to dig deeper (I've seen a lot of really cool stuff done in LittleBigPlanet).

Mr. Freeze said:

Why would anyone want a console that has no games?

Yeah I got a Wii for my birthday like two years ago and I've used it like three times. Good thing I have my PS3.

Also, this game's customization sucks unless someone can make
Doomguy, Duke, and Strifeguy.

Krispavera said:

Yeah I got a Wii for my birthday like two years ago and I've used it like three times. Good thing I have my PS3.

I haven't gone near my wii in quite a long time as well. I even modded it so I didn't have to buy games. If I play Wii it's over at a friends place on his Wii playing the side scrolling Mario Game multiplayer.

Mr. Freeze said:

Also, this game's customization sucks unless someone can make
Doomguy, Duke, and Strifeguy.

Judging by what people have already done with the demo, I'd say it's more than doable.