Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

ANNIHILATOR: Take 2

I was starting to dislike all of the textures that I had made for the Annihilator project and wanted to address the concerns some of the other people had, so I remade them. This means that everyone working on maps for it will need to repaint their maps, so to speak.

This download contains all of the textures for the first 6 maps:

http://www.braindamage.vg/junk/anntex.zip

I don't have any time to make any previews of them right now, so just open it up and check them out.

To address anyone who just walked in here and is confused, this is basically a community project where I make textures and you make maps.

So anyway, I think some of the first 5 maps are taken, and I can't even remember their names and stuff. How are those going? I hope you don't mind having to get rid of the old textures and using these new ones, but I think they are much nicer.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to use my first map for this. Someone else can make a MAP01. We also need a MAP06 with these graphics. I'll be working on the next batch of textures over the next few days and such, so wait out for those.

And remember, these maps are for vanilla Doom and they have the vanilla Doom style of architecture to go with them! That means no ridiculously hedonistic architecture. The details should remain in the textures alone.

I don't think I'm really fit to be an organizer of this project, all I can do is make the graphics, so I'd like it if someone else would take over the organizational aspects and then they can just let me know what graphics need to be done for which levels and such, and take care of everyone.

Anyway, I'll be back in a few days. Have fun!

Oh and by the way, a lot of the floor flats were intended for use in steps, corners and in combinations with one another. Just have a look for yourself and I'm sure you will figure it out.

I'll do map 06. By the way, I don't know if you saw my post where I suggested that the 2nd to last episode be an infected starbase. But I think that would flow better than having 2 hell episodes right after a spaceship episode. Enough talking, I have to make maps :)

I'm probably going to tear down the outside areas of my map and rearrange them to suit the new textures, and to suit the fact that the monsters are all going to be weak.

Btw, I'd also like to use Imp Song as my midi. It fits the atmosphere of my map quite well.

Could I get a map in this project? I can't promise I'll finish it, but I really want to try.

Sorry for the bump, but... is everyone who signed up for a slot on the first take on ANNIHILATOR still interested in making a map? By the lack of response I'm guessing not?

I am, but I've been a bit busy lately. I'll probably start in a couple days or so.

DoomHero85 said:

okay. The Reactor is 05 right? So I need to think of something that would logically follow that.

Yeah, The Reactor is 05. Hopefully your map is better than mine is looking at the moment... hehe