Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cycloid

WIP : Kanal

sky does look a little odd actually (half life textures and sky are from valve.wad) the horizon is too far up, anyway, one more teaser from tonight's efforts:

edit: only just noticed (from my own screenie) that two of the steps up the side of the silo are the same height, doh!

I'm sure if you just clip most of the bottom half so the mountainous horizon is centered in the image it should look alright. But even then this wad won't look that good.

Heh, nice and grungy. The sky looks much better, did you take a screenshot from HL2 right before 'red letter day'? I'd think reducing the resolution to 1/4 both ways wouldn't make it quite that blurry ...

the sky is actually a cc licensed photo of new jersey i think. it looks a bit blurry because i originally made it at 200px high but then squashed it to 128.

the half life textures are a bit dodgy too because in HL the player is 72 units tall compared to doomguys 56ish and they haven't been squashed to match!

thanks for the positive noises, this has been on hold for about 6 months so need to get cracking

I really like the look of this.

The new cityscape backdrop looks cool.

Look forward to seeing more of this.

cycloid said:

the sky is actually a cc licensed photo of new jersey i think. it looks a bit blurry because i originally made it at 200px high but then squashed it to 128.

the half life textures are a bit dodgy too because in HL the player is 72 units tall compared to doomguys 56ish and they haven't been squashed to match!

thanks for the positive noises, this has been on hold for about 6 months so need to get cracking

Are YOU from Jersey?

No, I'm from yorksire UK, i was google image searching for something more eastern-european to fit in with the Half Life 2 ish theme but the jersey one was quite choppuppable, here it is. Turn out i may have lied about the CC licence

http://jerseycitycolocation.com/sitebuilder/images/Jersey_City_Skyline_Jan_2006-735x270.jpg

i've only used the bottom left and bottom right,

Interestingly my eldest daughter is named Jersey. But there you go