Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anthe

A short Hello to all the crazy guys still going :-)

Anthe said:

Last question: Has there ever been a well known female player ? haha

I only know of 2 around here (myself and Archvile78), I mostly do commentated playthroughs of maps, and she does videos of PSX Doom levels mostly.

I'd like to think I'm somewhat well known in the community? I'm horrible at the game though lol.

The only one that was remotely close to the Compet-N scene was Bahdko.

Otherwise, -=QWERTY=- did a lot of speedruns , but only for Heretic.

then I stand corrected, I was not aware of these demos :) Though you must admit it's not that many compared to her Heretic contributions :)

Hello, Anthe.
I often watched your demos in Final Doom GM pack and NM pack. Especially, nightmare demos were unbelievable for me when I watched them first time.

I'm a speed runner of the present generation, I have played Doom from 1995 though. I have a big youtube channel as Doom, and upload videos sometimes. Also, some compet-N / DSDA players have own youtube channels. There are really a lot of fan-made maps (Pwad), and some doomers still make them powerfully.

Therefore, my doom life is full now, and doom is immortal.

Anthe....

Thanks for the many flattering words ...glad you liked it, some day I might be able to put it together once and for all. It'll be with a txt file of epic proportions. Tracing it all back to the early days to present time.

Hope to see you countinue your interest in the scene every now and then :)

Hi folks, I started playing in 2001, while people like Vince, Henning AdamH, and Anders were still around. I consider myself, stx-vile, and Radek to make up the generation after that. I would say that some great things in doom have been done since you left, like for example 30ns runs. Recently, I filled the very last hole in the final doom nightmare tables with a run of TNT map09. You can either find the demo in the dsda or you can see a video of it on my youtube channel youtube.com/user/xitvono anyways, great to hear from one of the legends. Also, be sure to check out other runs like stx-vile's nightmare run of TNT map08, and plutonia 23.

nice meeting of speedrunner generations here. i recognized anthe's name right away, from the final doom demo pack, a classic i've watched many times.

Hm, record again :-), I bet you wouldnt. However I found some tiny improvements in stx' ( a truely GREAT player ) e1m7-uv (1:15) speed recording, but I am not able to record it. If anyone ( Henning :-) ? ) is interested, I have 3 different 1:12 demos, heavily cheated... they still look good in prboom+ with smooth demo on :-)

I nowadays dont have too much time for serious recording, also I dont see where it should lead me to ... I m married , have 3 sons, am running a sw company, so I m rather busy ... but still, if I wouldnt be VERY careful I could easily lose myself again in this or another game... Piano and guitar are better :-) ( 4 me )

But finally , a BIG Thank you all to all for the nice greetings !

FD Demos... I still remember pl09-nm ... a nasty thing @ that time, noone knew anything about those levels on nm ( if they are possible at all ... )