Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Word Bubbles

http://www.lumosity.com/brain-games/flexibility-games/word-bubbles

Been playing it for the past few days and kept coming back, very addictive word game.

Scores
--------

4560 - Bouncy (American)
4080 - Belial* (Polish)
3660 - Doom Marine (American)
3660 - Jodwin* (Finnish)
3420 - Qaatar (American)

3210 - Kirby (American)
3180 - dew* (Czech)
3060 - vdgg* (Polish)
2760 - Lut (American)
2760 - Snakes (American)

2730 - Krispavera (American)
2700 - Maes* (Greek)
2670 - Bucket (American)
2300 - MajorRawne (American)
2250 - stewboy

2250 - Never_Again*
2200 - gggmork
2160 - Mr. Freeze (American)
1860 - DooMAD
1800 - Mr. T

1800 - BlazingPhoenix (American)
1300 - Kristus* (Swedish)
1020 - Mattfrie1
1020 - Danarchy (American)
0870 - 40oz (American)
0780 - AveryMaurice (Canadian)
0540 - Philnemba

*Non-native English Speakers

40oz said:

My vocabulary must suck.

The game is stupid in that it takes different forms of the same word, ie. singular and plural, present and past tense, etc.

What I don't like is that it seems to be a bit random with what names it recognizes. It accepted one male name that I tried, but it didn't accept "Estonia". :(

edit: I don't know what the heck is "queerdom", but apparently it's an acceptable word. :P

Best so far was 1300 or something.
I usually suck at these kind of limited answers games though.

One thing I don't like is how it stops accepting certain word lengths after you've earned a star. I kept jamming in seven-letter words that were legit but not counted, because I've saturated the 4x quota.

Another thing that should be changed is the inclusion of proper nouns like countries and cities.

40oz said:

I suck at this game

My vocabulary must suck.

Well, it's nothing if not imaginative. I notice you didn't try "Bedoodle", a word I just made up, which means when you wake up on a hot morning with the blankets all rucked up under your bum and it makes your cheeks and lower back itch.

EDIT - Having tried this twice, I got about 1600 on my first go because I couldn't use any more words of 5, 6 and 7 characters, so I was basically stuck! I did much better on my second go cos the words seemed to have more possibilties, and I got 2300. Not being able to use place names (eg Skipton when the first 3 letters were SKI) and not being able to use more than a certain number of each length of characters is a pain in the arse!

1710, second category was "rev." First word of that one came to me pretty quickly :)

Yeah, this doesn't really say much about vocab. Most of the groupings in the first round can be turned into variations such as "revved, revving, revolve, revolved, revolving." Also, hit a key, then press enter, and repeat until the 4 word category is completely filled.

Also, props to 40oz and his attempt submit badonkadonk.

Second go at it, bumped up to 2100. unl was kind of tricky :/

Doom Marine said:

One thing I don't like is how it stops accepting certain word lengths after you've earned a star. I kept jamming in seven-letter words that were legit but not counted, because I've saturated the 4x quota.

Another thing that should be changed is the inclusion of proper nouns like countries and cities.

Oh wait, you can do multiples of the same word length? That migth be why I failed so badly.

EDIT: Okay, so now I got 950. I still suck. What the fuck starts with "att" aside from "attack", "attitude", and "attrition"?

Danarchy said:

What the fuck starts with "att" aside from "attack", "attitude", and "attrition"?

Attribute.

My own personal best. Fun game! :)

Danarchy said:

Oh wait, you can do multiples of the same word length? That migth be why I failed so badly.

EDIT: Okay, so now I got 950. I still suck. What the fuck starts with "att" aside from "attack", "attitude", and "attrition"?

Attainable? Attachment? Attract? Attentive? Attenuate? Attempt? Attic? Attire? Attest?

There's quite a few. :P

2250, with 'exp','gla' and 'deb'. I mean, how many words can you have with those?

stewboy said:

2250, with 'exp','gla' and 'deb'. I mean, how many words can you have with those?

Explain, Explains, Explainer, Explainers, Explaining, Explained, Explanation, Explanations...

Explode, Explodes, Explosion, Explosions, Explosive, Explosives, Explosiveness, Exploder, Exploders, Exploding...

Expose, Exposes, Exposer, Exposers, Exposing, Exposed, Exposition, Expositions...

Expert, Experts, Expertise, Expertises...

Experience, Experiences, Experiencer...

Experiment...

Expect...

Express...

Expand...

Glade, Glades, Glading, Gladed...

Glad, Gladly, Glads...

Glamor, Glamors, Glamours, Glamours, Glamorous, Glamourous, Glamorize, Glamorizes, Glamourize, Glamourizes, Glamorized, Glamourized, Glamorizing, Glamourizing... CHEAP ALERT

Glare, Glares, Glarer, Glarers, Glaring, Glarings, Glared...

Glass, Glasses, Glassy, Glassing...

Glaze...

Debut, Debuts...
Debutant...
Debutante...
Debit...
Debate...
Debilitate...
Debt...
Debase...
Deban...
Debunk...

Enough of my verbal jacking off, the problem here is not the lack of words, but the limited minute timespan to quickly type in all these ideas and their sub-variations.

I had a hell of a time typing Debilitate because at the speed I'm typing, precision is secondary, and it'll come up as something like:

Debilititiate
Debillitate
ebaaebilite
Debilititate
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Rad: long words like Radioactivity, Radioactive, Radioactivities etc. caused too many misspellings and I fell short.

i got 3180 with tri/cou/ske (fuck ske, btw). one guy i showed it to (competitive scrabble player, heh) got 3360 fast with com/ree/vir (vir-, ffs!). we're both not english native speakers, so it's definitely easy to reach high scores. :p

Another one of the same score, but I like the spread here better. The scores are more even... showing that I'm not just taking advantage of some lucky, productive prefixes that allows for spamming of points.

Doom Marine said:

Enough of my verbal jacking off, the problem here is not the lack of words, but the limited minute timespan to quickly type in all these ideas and their sub-variations.

I had a hell of a time typing Debilitate because at the speed I'm typing, precision is secondary, and it'll come up as something like:

Debilititiate
Debillitate
ebaaebilite
Debilititate
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah, that's exactly the issue. I can relate. :(
Hate the 3-word limit they put on word lengths, too.

On another note, another attempt from moi.

I guess i'm really, REALLY good at these things. Huh. Wouldn't have guessed. Usually I suck under pressure. Guess fast typing speed and accuracy help.

Still, really fun game, actually. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Doom Marine!

Sweet dude, Sun- is pure money when you're good at stringing words together. That's probably my weakest aspect in the game. I had Sun- show up several times, and blew each one of them... it went something like:

Sunshine, Sunflower, Sunfish, Sunny, Sunspot, Sun - uh, Sun --- uh, Sun --- FFFFFUUUUUUU

What I'm good at is sniffing out the tenses, effectively generating a consortia of words from just one root... Exp-, Att-, Vir- are easy streets for me.

I Googled "word bubbles top scores" and the first result led me to This Site. The average bests is like 1500-3000, and it seems like no one but you have broken the 4000 barrier.

Wow, nobody else surpassed 4000 from my searches, either.

I'm scared of my own talents now. **

Yeah, as for crazy results, I have a fair balance of stringing words together and tenses, so I can usually alternate between the two and get a fair amount.

Couple that with a 116 net WPM with errors considered and it's easy cruising.

Good idea on keeping a score list.

Also, as a fun little tidbit, some of the sun words I had used (besides the ones you got) ; {some got discounted but none-the-less}

sunscreen, sunniness, sungazer, sunder, sunderment, sunbeam, sundown, sunseeker, sunsetting, suntanning, sunderances, sunbonnet, sunbake, sunporch

2010, oddly enough.

It's amusing, but ends up being a lot of variations of the same word rather than unique words, not to mention keeps rejecting unrelated words due to length restrictions.

Also, "blog" is not a valid word >_>

[edit] Make that 2430 with Blo/Dro/Tab
[edit 2] 2460 with Mas/Ent/Whe
[edit 3] 2490 with Sou/Cro/Var
[edit 4] 2550 with ???/Sur/Enc
[edit 5] Must... accomplish... something... today...
[edit 6] 2760 with Pas/Pin/Gol

Man, and I had 1280 on Day 1 with Mil, but then it threw me 2 obscure choices and I ended up with 1950.

First time I got a decent prefix triplet. Other times I never got beyond 1000.