Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

Paul Gray passes away at age 38.

I think he probably OD'ed on something.

While I'm not a big Slipknot fan, it always sucks to see some big band member pass away, especially when they are really young like he was.

Mr. Chris said:

I am guessing some sort of drugs got him.

Thats whats expected right now, an autopsy is being completed.

-The NK and SK conflict is at a breaking point
-Dio dies
-Peter Steele dies
-Paul Gray dies

This decade sucks.

RIP Paul. Your band was the soundtrack to my teenage years.

"Oh, well I don't like Slipknot, so it's totally okay to disrespect the passing of a human being." ffs

R.I.P. I dug Slipknot for a while back in the day, and it sucks that he had to die at his age. It's been a shitty year for hard rock and metal.

Mr. Freeze said:

-The NK and SK conflict is at a breaking point
-Dio dies
-Peter Steele dies
-Paul Gray dies

This decade sucks.

RIP Paul. Your band was the soundtrack to my teenage years.

Add Frank Frazetta to the list. :(

Not a big Slipknot fan but that's sad news. RIP Paul.

I don't give a damn about Paul Grey. At least when Metallica's bassist Cliff died, at least the band was actually good, so it had some reason to mourn his death. IMO, Slipknot was just a bunch of guys making noise (no, not NIN, that's a different story) that had no talent whatsoever. If he's dead, he better burn in hell with the Rev. Cobain, Staley, Schuldiner, Dimebag, Steele and Dio can continue making music up in heaven, though.

@revved- What Bashe said. You don't have to like him, but there's no need to be disrespectful. If you don't care or don't have anything good to say the don't post.

I never was a huge Slipknot fan, but that really sucks. Is there anything recent music they made before he passed?

Revved said:

Cobain, Staley, Schuldiner, Dimebag, Steele and Dio can continue making music up in heaven, though.

Didn't your mommy tell you rock and roll is for the Devil?

I didn't think people would actually be hurt by my comments. All I said was my true opinion, you didn't have to like it, you didn't have to agree with it, just let this go.

GooberMan said:

Didn't your mommy tell you rock and roll is for the Devil?

Well then, where does Christian rock go?

Revved said:

If you think Christian Rock came from anywhere other than Satan's armpit, you're already condemned to hell.

Another icon dies of (probably) a drug overdose, and yet all the teenagers who haven't got anything better to do will still think it's cool to sit in the park at night snorting stuff. *sigh*

Someone said:

The only answer to that is, Who cares? ;)

Mr. Freeze said:

This decade sucks.

Not this point again. The decade only sucks because people you have heard of died during it.

Personally, I think hotel rooms suck. The number of famous people who are found dead in hotel rooms is impressive.

Revved said:

I don't give a damn about Paul Grey. At least when Metallica's bassist Cliff died, at least the band was actually good, so it had some reason to mourn his death. IMO, Slipknot was just a bunch of guys making noise (no, not NIN, that's a different story) that had no talent whatsoever. If he's dead, he better burn in hell with the Rev. Cobain, Staley, Schuldiner, Dimebag, Steele and Dio can continue making music up in heaven, though.

You must be the envy of all the cool kids in school. I wish I could be as cool as you. Teach me your ways.

Revved said:

At least when Metallica's bassist Cliff died, at least the band was actually good, so it had some reason to mourn his death.

Are you fucking shitting me? Cliff was the worst bassist they ever had.

Mr. Freeze said:

lol?

Bucket said:

No big loss. They still have 2 bassists left.

Heh, when I saw them live the only thing I could think was "these guys have way too many people on stage right now". I'm pretty sure there was even one guy who never even played an instrument the whole show and instead just ran around the stage doing weird things. Anyway, no disrespect meant for any actual fans.

Mr. Freeze said:

You've heard Pulling Teeth, right?

Bucket said:

They still have 2 bassists left.

Paul was the primary bassist, while Mick Thomson and James Root were primarily guitarists and would usually only fill in Bass for songs that required it.

AveryMaurice said:

Paul was the primary bassist, while Mick Thomson and James Root were primarily guitarists and would usually only fill in Bass for songs that required it.

I think Bucket is referring to the fact that Slipknot has about 8,203 people on stage at any given time.

AveryMaurice said:

It looks like one of them is going to be moved into the primary slot now.

MajorRawne said:

Another icon dies of (probably) a drug overdose,

icon?

Ralphis said:

icon?

I'd rather this thread not be focused on bashing Slipknot and it's members, and rather more on the death of Paul Gray as a musician. I find it pretty disrespectful to talk about someone in that manner who has recently passed away.

Bashe said:

"Oh, well I don't like Slipknot, so it's totally okay to disrespect the passing of a human being." ffs

AveryMaurice said:

I'd rather this thread not be focused on bashing Slipknot and it's members, and rather more on the death of Paul Gray as a musician. I find it pretty disrespectful to talk about someone in that manner who has recently passed away.

There's a difference between disrespect and correcting an overstatement.