Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

Insert Token

Now to figure out the best way to fist a cyberdemon to death.

Just ask Maes. :) Map08 would probably be your best bet. Let the crowd of barons weaken it, grab the invulnerability sphere, and finish it off.

Hopefully the new episode isn't a bunch of random garbage maps tastelessly tacked on for lulz.

Releasing the day after ModNation Racers. Oh well, guess I just have to play both at the same time.

And I am really glad they didn't take people's dumb advice and make beating the game in Nightmare! and achievement. You just can't pull it off with that controller, especially without the option to adjust sensitivity.

There are 12 achievements with a total of 200 points.

Just Getting Started 10
Complete any level in Single player

Rip and Tear 20
Complete any level on 'Nightmare' in Single player

Superior Firepower 25
Complete all levels on 'Ultra-Violence' or higher in Single player

An Important Looking Door 10
Find a secret area of a level in Single player

From Earth To Hell 25
Complete all levels in 'DOOM II: Hell on Earth' in Single player

And Back Again 25
Complete all levels in 'DOOM II: No Rest for the Living' in Single player

Burning Out of Control 15
Complete any level with 100% kills, items, and secrets in Single player

Destroyer 20
Get 100 frags in Deathmatch on Xbox LIVE

The Great Communicator 10
Get 20 kills using the Chainsaw in a single level in Single player

A Man and a Half 10
Get 20 kills using the Berserk Powerup in a single level in Single player

You Have Huge Guts 20
Kill a CyberDemon using your fists in Single player

A Really Big Gun 10
Find a BFG in Single player

New episode yay!

Now when will it be available on PC? Poor Solarn is poor and doesn't have money for an XBox.

Solarn said:

New episode yay!

Now when will it be available on PC? Poor Solarn is poor and doesn't have money for an XBox.

You should not ask. The stuff was posted here for a short time, before it was deleted. It is warez.

cybdmn said:

You should not ask. The stuff was posted here for a short time, before it was deleted. It is warez.

Dude............................ give me a break

cybdmn said:

I meant legally. But I guess never, huh?

cybdmn said:

Does that make the maps that were exclusively for PSX Doom that were ripped and put on /idgames warez too?

Don't ask me. In fact all ripped stuff is warez. I guess, the point here is, that this new episode is one thing, which should sell Doom II on XBLA, while PSX Doom is dead on the market.

I wasn't the guy, who posted the stuff, i just looked over it out of curiosity, as i will do again, as soon as i have the game bought.

cybdmn said:

Don't ask me. In fact all ripped stuff is warez. I guess, the point here is, that this new episode is one thing, which should sell Doom II on XBLA, while PSX Doom is dead on the market.

I wasn't the guy, who posted the stuff, i just looked over it out of curiosity, as i will do again, as soon as i have the game bought.

YOU DOWNLOADED WAREZ?

I almost forgot about this game. I will be getting this ASAP. I will definitely get all the achievements as well.

Great.

Another awesome Xbox live arcade game from Id Software that I won't get to play since Id software games for whatever reason don't work where I live as I just get a message that says "this item is not supported on your location" whenever I try to download the original Doom.

I really hope someone ports that new episode over to the PC.

dutch devil said:

Dammit, only for xbox. Shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck.

Well just think of how annoyed I am. I HAVE a Xbox but I still can't play it thanks to the whole Xbox live bullshit.

Just prey that Kaiser or just anyone for that matter ports the new episode to the PC so that the rest of us can enjoy it.

Why can't you play it? Having a Silver account won't stop you from downloading it and playing it. You just can't play multiplayer.

yeah dont have an xbox so whatever...

I think xbox achievements often are just stupid...these ones don't look very cool, finding a BFG and a secret and completeing a level? Lame

Scuba Steve said:

Why can't you play it? Having a Silver account won't stop you from downloading it and playing it. You just can't play multiplayer.

I have a gold account. And 90% of Xbox live works just fine. But for whatever reason, whenever I try to download the trial off or attempt to buy a Id Software game (this also happens when I try downloading Duke Nukem 3D by the way) I just get a error message that says "this item is not available on your location" or some shit like that.

I live in Iceland where Xbox live is not officially supported, So I had to register my account on a fake UK address. It hasn't affected my Xbox live fun at all, with the exception of not being able to Download Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, as well as a number of Demos for some of the lower profile games.

Also, renting movies doesn't appear to work either. But I have yet to play a game where I could not enjoy the online multiplayer.

Like I said, this fucking sucks. And someone better rip the new episode from their Xbox live Hard drives and create a playable PC port. Or else I will be sad :(

Microsoft lets developers set region locks the way they want on their games they release for the 360. "This item is not available in your location" means that the game you are trying to download is region locked and you cannot play it on your system. Since you live in Iceland, I take it you have a PAL 360, correct?

magicsofa said:

I think xbox achievements often are just stupid...these ones don't look very cool

So many Doom comic references - I thought Ling was making them up. :D

hardcore_gamer said:

I live in Iceland where Xbox live is not officially supported, So I had to register my account on a fake UK address. It hasn't affected my Xbox live fun at all, with the exception of not being able to Download Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, as well as a number of Demos for some of the lower profile games.

The solution would be a vpn service, a pc and microsofts internet connection sharing. This is how people in germany, where stuff like doom isn't available, handle this. Try google for that.

Linguica said:

There are 12 achievements with a total of 200 points.

Just Getting Started 10
Complete any level in Single player

Rip and Tear 20
Complete any level on 'Nightmare' in Single player

Superior Firepower 25
Complete all levels on 'Ultra-Violence' or higher in Single player

An Important Looking Door 10
Find a secret area of a level in Single player

From Earth To Hell 25
Complete all levels in 'DOOM II: Hell on Earth' in Single player

And Back Again 25
Complete all levels in 'DOOM II: No Rest for the Living' in Single player

Burning Out of Control 15
Complete any level with 100% kills, items, and secrets in Single player

Destroyer 20
Get 100 frags in Deathmatch on Xbox LIVE

The Great Communicator 10
Get 20 kills using the Chainsaw in a single level in Single player

A Man and a Half 10
Get 20 kills using the Berserk Powerup in a single level in Single player

You Have Huge Guts 20
Kill a CyberDemon using your fists in Single player

A Really Big Gun 10
Find a BFG in Single player

That was a good find!

It's available to download now. - 35 MB.
New additions include an always run function, and it also record the last game you play and plays them back in the menu demos. Music seems to be slightly slower, but thats hardly an issue.

It doesn't seem to be out here in the UK... So fucking tired of this console region shit... What hassle is it to release stuff across the world simultaneously??

Well, it wasn't there when I checked just before I posted and it still isn't listed as a new release in the marketplace... Still, I have it now so I'm off to play some DooM. :)