Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AveryMaurice

Windows Network Adapters on Linux (Help Required)

I need assistance in installing my D-Link DWA-130 (external wireless) drivers on Ubuntu Linux using NDISWrapper. I have no idea what I am doing.

Here are the files in my cards software "Driver" folder:

Can someone help me on how exactly I would use NDISWrapper to install this driver?

I'll give it a shot, thanks. (Though it appears Ubuntu has decided to stop dual-booting, boots right into Windows again. Argh.)

What's the hardware version? (It should be located on the bottom of the card, and/or on the box it was bought in.) There might be native Linux drivers for it on D-Link's site.

(Nice of D-Link to release several cards, each with different chipsets but the same model number...)

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Ubuntu loads all the network drivers it can support on the install disc already. If it doesn't work out-of-the-box, it probably won't work at all. I'm beginning to believe ndiswrapper only works in theory.

Arch Linux is a distro that specializes in proprietary driver support.

Bucket said:

I'm beginning to believe ndiswrapper only works in theory.

Bullshit. I don't currently use it, but I've used it on both of my Eee PCs (901 and 1201n) and on my wife's Dell laptop. It was necessary on my 1201n when I first got it because the native driver was so new that it didn't work.

Bucket said:

I'm beginning to believe ndiswrapper only works in theory.

It worked for me. It's a long time ago, though.

Bucket said:

Arch Linux is a distro that specializes in proprietary driver support.

...what? Just because it doesn't follow the usual "we don't include it because it's not free / it's not free in USA" it specializes in stuff?

Try the GUI interface that's included with ndiswrapper (exp(x) mentioned it). It will allow you to select an inf file and install the driver automatically IIRC.