Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Dennis Hopper dead at 74

That sucks :(.

He was the best 24 villain since President Logan.

EDIT: How the hell could I have forgotten his role in "Speed"? He was awesome in that movie.

I was JUST about to post this.

Unfortunate that he died. I've seen many of his movies as a kid.

GODDAMN IT!!!

Dennis was really a unique character. Every time I watch a movie with him, I find myself entertained by such entertaining moments as, "Heineken? FUCK THAT SHIT!!! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!!!"

R.I.P. Dennis. You were kinda crazy and I appreciate that.

Mr. Freeze said:

:(

AGAIN! What the fuck is it with this year and dead celebs?

Dude, we only had a few in comparison to last summer.

Technician said:

Dude, we only had a few in comparison to last summer.

Rather in the last two or so weeks:

Dio
Steele
Gray
Coleman
Hopper

Fuck man, but at least he reached an age over 60 happy years. R.I.P. His best roles are in speed 1 as a terrorist and in waterworld as the leader of the smokers. Really great actor!

AveryMaurice said:

Rather in the last two or so weeks:

Dio
Steele
Gray
Coleman
Hopper

Or to put things in perspective, some musician I've never listened to, some other musician I've never heard about and some guy I've only heard about because of Postal.

Hopper is the only one that feels somewhat relevant to me since I like to think of myself as a movie buff.

One of my favorite Polish actors died recently of hepatitis, why isn't he on your list? :P

kristus said:

No. They really aren't.

Muahahahha, but for me they are! Hopper will never be forgotten, because of these two movies... who cares about "Easy Rider". I watched the movie, but it only was good to watch it if you are drunk or something...

Damn that sucks that he died. A great actor in a lot of interesting roles in movies such as "Texes Chainsaw Massacre 2", "Boiling Point", "Speed" , "Waterworld" and other movies that I might have forgotten. Oh yea, he also plays as "King Koopa"(aka Bowser) in the Super Mario Bros live action movie.

Deeforce said:

Fuck man, but at least he reached an age over 60 happy years. R.I.P. His best roles are in speed 1 as a terrorist and in waterworld as the leader of the smokers. Really great actor!

Space Truckers ftw.

Mr. Chris said:

Shit, this is not a good year for celebs..

Mr. Freeze said:

AGAIN! What the fuck is it with this year and dead celebs?

Again! What the fuck is it with people saying this shit every time a celeb dies - any and every year?

I'll put in a mention for his performance in River's Edge, since no one seems to be remembering that one right now. Great flick! Hopper was my brother's favorite actor while we were growing up. I remember he was fast-forward his tape of Blue Velvet to get the Hopper scenes, and we'd watch them all the time.

Cracked said not too long ago that he was one of the most under appreciated actors in Hollywood, and I totally agree. This guy could make bad movies (Waterworld, Land of the Dead) watchable and good movies (Apocalypse Now, Blue Velvet) even more awesome, even if he was only in a scene or two. And I've said this many times, but I actually really liked the Mario Bros. movie. :P

I forgot to mention his role in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. That was definitely memorable to me.