Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReFracture

The Dying End demos?

I've tried searching but to no avail, are there any demos for the map29 remake "The Dying End" by Christopher Lutz?

I don't think so, I was checking that a month ago more or less. Would you be interested in skill 3 Max? (I could do that in 30 days or so, I think).

I have 18:18 on HMP (1st exit), with some major screw-ups. Even though Chris Lutz is one of my favourite mappers, I can't say much good about this one (apart from the visuals, but hey, are there any bad looking Lutz' maps?). Oh, I had 10 exits with 99% kills, there always seem to be a monster which falls off one of the ledges. I'd like to know where Khaoscythe is (in terms of his tries) and what's his aim - if he's serious about this one, I'll give up soon - really not my kind of map.

Here's a failed UV Max I did during testing.

I found the map to be very annoying to record on, and after that stupidly botched attempt I didn't feel like ever trying it again.

Edit: I see some missed monsters now in the automap, so it wouldnt've been a proper max anyway.

tdeuvmax.zip

That demo is dated before the version of the wad that is in the archive, and desyncs near the start for me.

Is there an earlier version available anywhere? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

I am not allowed to DL anything from speedyshare. Can somebody reupload this version anywhere else, please?

Speedyshare was my third choice, after seeing some ridiculous new 10 download limit on Rapidshare and a failed upload at Megaupload.

@Gusta: Tried proxies?

Belial said:

@Gusta: Tried proxies?

proxies work, but it's still annoying we have to use them to download a tiny file. basically the entire ip range of czech republic is blocked from speedyshare by the way, we get redirected to some ad site.

When I try to download the TDEMAX.zip posted above and open it in winrar
and try to extract the lmp to my Doom2 folder It says "unknown method in tdemax.zip". What archiver and what version of it did you use to create it? I can't extract the files from it.

This might explain it:

PKUNZIP (R)    FAST!    Extract Utility    Version 2.04g  02-01-93
Copr. 1989-1993 PKWARE Inc. All Rights Reserved. Shareware Version
PKUNZIP Reg. U.S. Pat. and Tm. Off.

þ 80486 CPU detected.
þ EMS version 4.00 detected.
þ XMS version 3.00 detected.
þ DPMI version 0.90 detected.

Searching ZIP: TDEUVMAX.ZIP
PKUNZIP: (W24) Warning! 
You need PKUNZIP version: 4.6 or later to extract tdeuvmax.lmp
PKUNZIP: (W24) Warning! 
You need PKUNZIP version: 4.6 or later to extract tdeuvmax.txt

PKUNZIP: (E11) No file(s) found.
I'm assuming some advanced compression method was used. The ZIP is smaller than I managed to create with the 7-Zip version I have (4.65).

WinRAR doesn't understand bzip2? They really should get with the times.

Never_Again: thanks and congratulations! (thanks as now I can delete this bloody WAD...) Interesting health management at the start. You made that tricky jump to the BFG on the 2nd try, it's the more difficult way than Belial employed, definitely. And the bug... it happened to me, also, only with the other switch. Hello, playtesters?!

myk: wow, I knew you're "into" Vanilla, Boom and DOS, but... pkunzip 2.04g? :)

Yes, that is a very nice demo.

vdgg said:

myk: wow, I knew you're "into" Vanilla, Boom and DOS, but... pkunzip 2.04g? :)

heh

Never_Again said:

Were you as disgusted by the map as Belial and vdgg to comment on the map or the run? ;D

There is one difficult part of the map - it's a first Arch-Vile area and the beginning part is annoying sometimes, the rest is OK for me. But anyway it's a good map, even for demo recording.