Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D_GARG

DOOM PSX looking WAD / engine?

You all ( i hope ) remember the DOOM PSX version? its was more scary than the PC version beacuse it had "better" sounds and soundtracks, but also, it was a little chippy in the frame rate, this made it more difficult to control.

i have played the Absolution doom total conversion with its own engine and everything, but it didnt really give the touch like the PSX doom.

any sugestions for a wad( any type of game which is doom but maybe modifyed engine ) which comes really close to the Doom PSX version?

D_GARG said:

i have played the Absolution doom total conversion with its own engine and everything, but it didnt really give the touch like the PSX doom.

It wasn't really trying to imitate the PSX version, I think. :p

I have just one problem ... beyond my knowledge

when i start gzdoom my screen says: "out of frequency"

what to do?

D_GARG said:

You all ( i hope ) remember the DOOM PSX version? its was more scary than the PC version beacuse it had "better" sounds and soundtracks, but also, it was a little chippy in the frame rate, this made it more difficult to control.

any sugestions for a wad( any type of game which is doom but maybe modifyed engine ) which comes really close to the Doom PSX version?

Give me another couple of weeks ;)

D_GARG said:

when i start gzdoom my screen says: "out of frequency"

what to do?

Open your configuration file (zdoom-yournamehere.ini) and search for vid_refreshrate. Set it to something your monitor supports, 60 should be good, and you can work up from there. It might also be the resolution but I doubt it, GZDoom defaults to 640x480 and I don't think anyone has dropped support for that yet.

D_GARG said:

I know this is shameless self promotion, but I am working on a WAD that is exactly the way you described.

It isn't finished yet, but I have still made over 40 min worth of gameplay so far. If you would like, I could allow you to join the playtesters and send you a copy for you to playtest :)

Here it is: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=50004

As for PSX Doom style WADS other then my own, I would also like to know if their are any since I am also a big fan of PSX Doom.

this is funny, i jsut started a new project some days ago which i will have only 1 or 2 maps in, just for the difficulty and the creepyness

i gotta finish my E1 modification soon ... or at least release next beta version

when im home i go checking out your wads

and thanks for the frequnsy advice :) i appreciate your advices and posts ^^

my wad will mimic the style of psx doom as well, got some screenshots
on the post your doom pictures thread.

I play the PSX Doom TC with Skulltag GL on Linux, the features seem the same as Gzdoom, you could try that too.

uuuh, vid_refreshrate didnt solve the problem, screen says: " No Signal "
:(

D_GARG said:

uuuh, vid_refreshrate didnt solve the problem, screen says: " No Signal "
:(

What screen are you using? Sounds like a classic case of "shit monitor".

scalliano said:

What screen are you using? Sounds like a classic case of "shit monitor".

actually it might be so that it is total crap. its a Tiburon, dunno which model