Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
maggot202

mapinfo in boom?

Hello
I'm working on a map for Boom, and i wanted to add a mapinfo lump. I tried to import a zdoom mapinfo, but it only works when i test my map in zdoom, not in prboom+. This is the lump:

map MAP01 "We lost the skyline"
next MAP02
secretnext MAP02
sky1 SKY3 0
cluster 5
par 30
sucktime 1
music D_RUNNIN

What i'm doing wrong?

boom doesn't use mapinfo ... there are ways to name the map in dehacked, and possibly alter the par-times, and you can use transfer sky line-actions to replace the sky of sectors with the (upper or middle, can't remember) sidedef. Not so sure you can mess with the secret map numbers though, might have to make your map #15.

E: nevermind the secrets bit, I see that both mapnexts or w/e go to map02 ...

Oh, i believed that it could be used... i remember seeing it on a boom wad. Oh well, i'll have to try and edit a dehacked lump instead.
Thanks man!

It was probably so jumping/crouching couldn't be used in zdoom or other things like that, because zdoom will still read the mapinfo despite the map being in boom format, while boom and any port that doesn't read mapinfo will just ignore it.

Yeah, Plutonia 2, for example, includes it so that ZDoom will read the music properly, while older engines, like vanilla itself, ignore it.