Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dark-tenshi

doom3 goods

if there is going to be DOOM3 limited edition (tin box).what kind of goods do you like to have?
[edit]fifth choice edited.if you have any other idea, input below[/edit]

It was a tough decision between the NIN one and the poster, but...music always wins out.

DOOM Marine holding rocket laucher figure

Why a rocket launcher? He'd look so much cooler with a chaingun or a BFG 9k.

i'd do anyhting for doom figures. in fact, i've been kicking around the idea of making a custom doomguy.

It was a tough decision between the NIN one and the poster, but...music always wins out.

Tough decision? Danny Boy, this comes from a practical worshipper of Reznor: IF REZNOR MAKES THE MUSIC FOR DOOM 3, THEN I WILL NOT, REPEAT, NOT GET THE GAME IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!!!!!!

I never heard the quake 1 music... but I know of a lot of people that like it.

Tough decision? Danny Boy, this comes from a practical worshipper of Reznor: IF REZNOR MAKES THE MUSIC FOR DOOM 3, THEN I WILL NOT, REPEAT, NOT GET THE GAME IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!!!!!!

So, you'll neglect to buy a game which could turn out to have the greatest gameplay and atmosphere of all time just because the music sucks?

I would buy "Doom 3" even if the music was worse than Quake1's (unless the game turns out to be a new "Daikatane" which I seriously doubt).

Anyway Cren, you just mentioned the reason why I feel sick everytime I hear Trent Reznor's name in connection with Doom 3, but some people say that one shouldn't judge a musician from his previous works, so I have to try and look at the matter in a positive way.

Anyway, did I mention that I would want a doomguy figure above all else (except for the game itself of course)?

I like the Quake1 music. Not as "music", mind you, but as ambient noise for each one of the levels. It worked in my case. I can't find a reason why would Reznor do a terrible job this time. There are many who could do better, but the irony is...Bobby Prince would suck hard in this case.

if the music sucks I'll just keep winamp running in the bg with Mushroomhead playing while the doom3 music will be muted.

Well, I play the Quake1 music while playing the game despite its suckyness - it DOES provide a good atmosphere, but music is not only about atmosphere. It has to sound cool too before I like it.

Yes, I know Q1 was good for the background, but that's what ACTUAL AMBIENT SFX ARE FOR!!!!!

DOOM 3 should have MUSIC in it, not ambience. Play Q1 if you want that.

The Quake 1 soundtrack used to piss me off especialy the one with all the screaming, but now I like it, especialy the one with all the screaming. :)