Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

best bond movie / girl / gadget?

It's time for another movie poll!

What is everyone's favorite James Bond Movie?

Also...

Who is the best Bond Girl?

and...

What is your favorite Gadget from the movies?

they all suck

No, you suck.

Anyway...

Best Bond Movie:
Goldfinger, because it is such a classic

Goldeneye, because it kicks ass (I actualy played the game before seeing the movie)

On Her Majestey's Secret Service, because it is kind of bizzare for a Bond movie:
1) Because the guy who played Bond was only in that one movie
2) He actualy gets married
3) The end is not very glorious...his wife gets killed
Also, Mike Meyers must have been watching this movie when he thought up the idea for Austin Powers...the bad guy (I think his name was Blokefield or something) looks Just like Dr. Evil, plus his henchwoman is very much like Frau Forbissina from Austin Powers, and he even has the fluffy white cat!
Plus, the movie was the origin of my favorite Bond music, On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Favorite Bond Girl:
Either Pussy Galore (Goldfinger) or Plenty O'Toole (Diamonds are Forever), because their names are so funny.

Favorite Bond Gadget:
The car from Tomorrow Never Dies, because any vehicle which you can drive from the back seat while dumping a trunkload of caltrops gets my vote.

Also, the 'Ghetto Blaster' from one of the 80s movies, because that was such a lame joke that it was funny.

And, Best Bond Quote Ever:
"Drinking <insert name of fancy alcoholic beverage here> at anything other than 12 degrees Celcius is like listining to The Beattles without earmuffs."

Riiight....

Also, Mike Meyers must have been watching this movie when he thought up the idea for Austin Powers...the bad guy (I think his name was Blokefield or something) looks Just like Dr. Evil, plus his henchwoman is very much like Frau Forbissina from Austin Powers, and he even has the fluffy white cat!

Blofield (sp?) was in several bond movies and he was the inspiration for Dr. Evil.

Favorite Bond Girl:
Either Pussy Galore (Goldfinger)

That one was from Goldfinger? Hm, I'll have to watch it again.

Blofield (sp?) was in several bond movies and he was the inspiration for Dr. Evil.

Yeah, Blofield was his name. He was in several movies, but he had hair in all the other ones (I think).

That one was from Goldfinger? Hm, I'll have to watch it again.

Yeah, she was the chick that was on Goldfinger's side.

for best girl: the one in goldfinger
she's from my home country!!! bithc!!!

Bah, James Bond. I always saw his repertory of gadgets as some lame excuse to fill the gaps in the plot. Kinda like an overdone Batman.

They're all based on novels, which are in turn based on Ian Flemming's real-life escapades.

Ian Flemming also wrote "chitty chitty bang bang". Is this based on his real life escapades too?

and yes, Pussy Galore was from Goldfinger

The best gadget would have to be the Aston MArtin DB6, what a car. Closely followed by the laser watch. Closely followed by the underwater Lotus Esprit, I think it was a Lotus.

Best Bond girl? Mmm, well Famke Jansen was awesome as the sadistic Ornatopp, I wanted to give her some pain for sure. That also spawned one of Bond's best corny lines ever;

"She always did enjoy a good squeeze..."

And Denise Richards as Christmas was also very good, spawning THE best corny line ever;

"And I thought Chritmas only came once a year..."

ROFL, Bond is great fun if you don't take it too seriously.

ALL OF THEM!! Except for Tomorrow Never Dies, that was a little bit gay... Docter Good Head is my favourite girl and my favourite gadget would have to be.........hmmmmm, I really don't know! How could you forget FAVOURITE VILLAINS! Jaws is my favourite bad guy... I can't really remember Never Say Never though but it wasn't made by the same people anyway...

GoldenEye is one of the better ones!
TND sucks!
TWINE was ok!
Anyway try out my GE Conversion at:

http://www.newdoom.com/hosted/goldeneye

whenever Newdoom.com comes back up

Yeah one of the better quotes, is when Ourumov has kidnapped Natalyia and being chased by Bond in a tank in St. Petersburgh. He gets stoped when by a large crowd of people. The drivers ask Ourumov what to do. Ourumov replies "Use the bumper, thats what its for!"

I think Goldeneye is the best movie. Yeah, I agree with all the critics how it's lame and the ways it's bad, etc... but for fuck's sake. The game was totally awesome. The game made the movie 10x better. They complemented each other to create a better whole - just like the LOTR movie/book do.

Best movie = Goldfinger
Best girl = Bond's fake wife in You Only Live Twice
Best gadget = Uhh, not sure

Insomniac said:

WOW look at KoolKat's ability to dredge up 3-month-old threads!

ROFLMAO

wow, I even had some posts up there from before I was banned. Are they still losering people for doing this, or did they stop with Jive?

EDIT: oh look, a crendowing post, using the name 'crendowing'. Jesus this thread is old.

Well, if you stand back and really think about it... aren't Bond films a bit... you know... shit?

Only decent thing to come from them was the Austin Powers flicks.

This thread was created 2 days after my 18th birthday. Shouldn't I have been at my party at the time? Ooooh yeah...now I remember...my party was a FUCKING BUST.

/me goes to cry off in a corner

Spike said:

Well, if you stand back and really think about it... aren't Bond films a bit... you know... shit?

Only decent thing to come from them was the Austin Powers flicks.

Austin Powers takes all the really bad parts of the Bond movies and adds Mike Myers.

I would rather gurgle with shrapnel that watch that scat again.

GOOD GOD! Perhaps Koolkat, this is why you were temporarily banned? DO NOT BUMP OLD THREADS.

If you want something FAQy, ask me.