Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brewtal_Legend

scoredoom with mapinfo.lmp problem

I'm trying to play a particular level set wad that requires a mapinfo..lmp file and it crashes whenever I load the mapinfo. It says error in syntax at line 94 which is "{" right after the "next endgame".

{
cast
music d_evil 1
}

I can get it to work with regular gzdoom and zdoom. They have no problem running the mapinfo file.

I'm using the most recent version of scoredoom (gzscoredoom) without the add-on pack. No other files besides the mapinfo.lmp and the level set wad.

Is this just a bug with scoredoom? Or is there a way I can work around it without removing the whole cast section?

Thanks.

Brewtal_Legend said:

I'm trying to play a particular level set wad that requires a mapinfo..lmp file and it crashes whenever I load the mapinfo. It says error in syntax at line 94 which is "{" right after the "next endgame".

{
cast
music d_evil 1
}

I can get it to work with regular gzdoom and zdoom. They have no problem running the mapinfo file.

I'm using the most recent version of scoredoom (gzscoredoom) without the add-on pack. No other files besides the mapinfo.lmp and the level set wad.

Is this just a bug with scoredoom? Or is there a way I can work around it without removing the whole cast section?

Thanks.

It's possible that 'cast' was added to the MAPINFO definition in a later version of zdoom/gzdoom than the version scordoom was built with.
Could you post the link/name of the wad? There may be a workaround, Im not sure though.

Just to clarify, the wad itself works fine in all cases, just without the mapinfo. So the levels all load correctly, just the level names and music isn't right.

Brewtal_Legend said:

Just to clarify, the wad itself works fine in all cases, just without the mapinfo. So the levels all load correctly, just the level names and music isn't right.

I see. Try replacing 'cast' with 'EndGameC' and see if that works.

If that doesnt work, could you PM me the .lmp file as well as the link or name of the mapset.
Thanks.

I tried endgamec and it still doesn't work.

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "MAPINFO" line 94:
Bad syntax."

line 94 is the "{" symbol on the line above the "cast" command which is on line 95.

PM sent.