• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hitherto

PM spam?

Torious
Registered Lurker

Your thoughts on piracy?

I'm just curious, what are your basic thoughts on software piracy?

Nothing in-depth, really, just the basic approve or don't approve of sort of thing.

Anyone else received this? I'm just curious, heh.

I wish people would send me PMs :(

Heh, I have like 12 PMs in my inbox over the decade or so I've been here.

bytor - You have 0 new message(s) since your last visit.
(You have 0 unread messages and 0 total messages in all your folders.)

I probably wouldn't notice if I got one anyway!

Hitherto's pulled! ;)

I don't get any PMs either :( Then again I hardly know any of you, and would probably be worried that a PM from you would be an indication of intent to poo-rape, so maybe... just maybe...

...no news is good news.

this is the last pm I got:

tehdrunkdemon
Warming Up

QUESTION Doom WADs

have you ever played UACMN.wad?

I've got my share of uhm...esoteric PM's. The most random one must be this one:

DoommasterTHEBESTONE wrote:
ATTN opps...

big problem, i messed up the texture, and now i cant seem to fix it, the wad might have a delay of at least 1 day,(not very long) TY

PM me and ask me about his phsique, power, health rating, what his tactics are, how to find him(not sure anybody can!)

But the BEST one is this:

pcorf wrote:

HELP How do I beat the Cyberdemon in E2M8

Can you help me please? - How do I beat the Cyberdemon in E2M8?

My answer was worthy of 1000 fisted cybie butts a King:

Maes replied:
PROTIP: To defeat the Cyberdemon in E2M8 you must shoot it with your rocket launcher while dodging its own rockets.

Unless you prefer a more "Cybie" approach ;-)

The last PM I got was a warning from Myk about posting abadonware links. I'm trying to remember if I ever did such a thing or why I would. Perhaps the site had more info about a game than any other site? I dunno. I think I have one or two from Mystic.

I used to get PMs on Newdoom from guys who thought I was a mod. That was some funny stuff.

I have 280 PMs (including sent items) and would have at least double amount if I didn't delete them...too bad none of them are funny. :(

I've got 59 PMs, none of them are spam. They're mostly with PRIMEVAL discussing the music for my wad.

However, I found this one quite comical:

FanTazTiCxD
Mini-Member

YES

U R RIGHT! Thanks!

What did you think about my wad file?

This is in reference to my response in this thread.

Sarcasm ------>
<------FanTazTiCxD

I have a variety of PM's. Oddly enough, this is the first one I ever got when here

Peanut

Um...
Is that offer still open for making maps for your clan dm wad???

Not only did I not invite anyone to map, I'm not even remotely related to any clans. I'm pretty sure I ignored this and didn't write back.

Kinda like this one though

Kyka
needs to LURK MORE

Map 11 CC3
Heya Kirby.

Am playing my way through CC3 at the moment, and I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed playing the level you submitted (Map 11.) It was well designed and the gameplay flowed really well.

Anyway, nice work. :) thanks heaps.

Apparently I wasn't the only one receiving praise :P

I just checked my profile PMs (there were no new ones) and noticed I have a buddy list. What's that all about then?

The only PM's I've sent were to Kaiser about converting PSX Doom maps to PC and how to work PSXMAKE. I was trying to see if I could convert the PSX Final Doom levels to PC, but they didn't work with the program. He told me he'd look into editing the program to work with PSX Final Doom maps, but I haven't heard back from him yet on the matter.

I have exactly 50 PMs I believe, many of which are related to doom projects I have joined in the past, and some aren't. I haven't received any spam though.

I haven't seen anything like that, myself. That doesn't really seem like spam exactly, though, unless there's a link somewhere in it or in his profile or something.

On another note, jeez, I've got something around 430 PMs in my inbox.

The only remotely spam that I've got is from that same DoommasterTHEBESTONE (me being on his buddies list, due to my being too nice to people possibly not deserving), but it harmlessly went away together with the poster.

Most PMs I receive are replies to posts I make.

Texas Libra said:

I have PMs tuned off, so no.

Doesn't this make you a community project's nightmare? No way to contact you if you're gone with the map half made at deadline.

I haven't received any PMs like that either.

And since everyone is saying how many messages they have...I've got 778, though most of them aren't very interesting at all. Wow D:

printz said:

Doesn't this make you a community project's nightmare? No way to contact you if you're gone with the map half made at deadline.

Well, if you're gone PMs wouldn't get to you anyway.

Mad Butcher said:

I see you've made a demo for 'No Rest For The Living' in this thread. He's probably going to ask you to send him the WAD.

Ah, good point. Anyway, since it seems he has only registered to ask people about warez, he's banned.

BTW people, the P in PM does mean "private", so please don't post PMs unless there is some abuse of the system going on, such as was the case in the OP here.

I currently have 95 PMs, most of which could probably be archived and deleted.

bytor said:

bytor - You have 1 new message(s) since your last visit.
(You have 1 unread messages and 1 total messages in all your folders.)

FTFY

ONE! One PM here! I've got a special purpose! :::dancin' a jig:::

*ahem*...Why yes, Hitherto, I have recieved a similar PM. I wonder what it could mean!