Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RestlessRodent

Tornado watches all over the North East USA

Currently most of the north east (of the USA) is under tornado watch, all of Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, Massachusets, and Rhode Island; and parts of New York, Virgina, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.

Watch out.

I've never seen it that bad up here. Also some areas are experiencing hail.

Currently most of the north east (of the USA)

Once again hopes for the destruction of Newcastle are dashed!

40oz said:

oh no it's raining!

It's about to rain, more as I cover this live on my way to work hoping I don't do a mary poppins and get blown away.

40oz said:

oh no it's raining!

...men, hallelujah!

I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna let myself get, absolutely soaking wet.

Ahem.

It started raining for about a second today. Now it's fairly nice out. Certainly doesn't LOOK like tornado weather yet.

it's been raining in the southeast and midwest for a week and a half, tornadoes touching down. North East doesn't know much bad weather, as usual. Why don't you come down here and really experience nature's fury in the form of a Category 5 Hurricane? :)

Been a couple tornado warnings here, but other than a couple rather harsh storms, no damage has been done.

It has been raining cats and dogs in CT the last few days. One minute, bright and sunny, the next, looks like a hurricane hit full force.

My family is from Missouri, but they moved out to California about 3 years ago. I stayed behind in college. They've said a few things to me that required my laughing in their face:

-In November, right before I visited them: "Be sure to bring a jacket, because lows have been in the upper-40s recently." That day, we had a high of 23F.

-Earlier this year: "The roads are really wet here. You don't know how bad it's been raining." Apparently they forgot what spring in the midwest is like.

Tornado is pretty much a foreign word to them now. I've had plenty of experiences throughout my life of them rushing me to the basement because of the weather. Witnessing them grow so soft over such a short period of time has been kind of hilarious.

PRIMEVAL said:

We've had a tornado warning for the past month or so. And it only rained a few times.

Warning, or watch? Big difference. A watch simply means that conditions are favorable. A warning is usually only issued when there is an confirmed storm, and either rotation has been detected or an actual tornado has been spotted. Sorry, my Oklahoma upbringing suddenly kicked in.

Tornado Warnings are serious. This year we've had a dozen or so touch down in trailer parks and national parks. why always trailers and campers?

Csonicgo said:

This year we've had a dozen or so touch down in trailer parks and national parks. why always trailers and campers?

That's a good question. My pet theory is that they somehow function like lightning rods, attracting tornadoes away from more valuable real estate.