Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tehdrunkdemon

Simpsons Mod

I just played a game of Survival online with the Simpsons enemy-sprite mod.

It was the original Doom 2 maps so it was just fun for a few...

There was another enemy-sprite mod for Doom 1 that was much better, IMO. It didn't have any new maps either, though.

so there's an idea for doom modders: use the simpsons sprites, make some single color textures, and make a proper simpsons mod.

Ha, this was one of the first wads I had, back in 2006-2007. I remember loading it up with doom2.exe and being "amazed", or at least intrigued. Little did I know the expanse of quality mods created through the years...

The one I played was the rough version, I saw that someone made a more polished "Ultimate" version, as well.

I remember being terrified in the mid 90s as I saw my dad mow down armies of Homer Simpson.

zap610 said:
I remember being terrified in the mid 90s as I saw my dad mow down armies of Homer Simpson.

Lol, I didn't play Doom in the 1990s. I was just a little kid back then.

I think I first played Simpsons Doom from a shovelware CD where it replaced the sounds and graphics in Shareware Doom.

There were no new levels included: very sad :'-( ! Maybe someone will make levels for it in the future... NOT.

Why not? If there were some more Simpson-esque textures and decorations to supplement the Ultimate Simpsons wad we could bring Virtual Springfield (with guns & gibs) to Doom.

GreyGhost said:

Why not? If there were some more Simpson-esque textures and decorations to supplement the Ultimate Simpsons wad we could bring Virtual Springfield (with guns & gibs) to Doom.

Yeah, that would be awesome!

GreyGhost said:

I think I first played Simpsons Doom from a shovelware CD where it replaced the sounds and graphics in Shareware Doom.

I didn't even have Doom until 2005.

Deeforce said:

There were no new levels included: very sad :'-( ! Maybe someone will make levels for it in the future... NOT.

Well, mods don't nessecerily have to have now levels. Mods normally replace things, like monsters and weapons.