Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deeforce

Worst Games of 2000 until 2010

Your source disagrees with you and you provide no argument.

Ten years is a long time. The worst games were probably never played by any of us because they sucked too much for anybody to recommend them.

Aliotroph? said:

argument

Walking too long in one place, too big areas, bad gameplay because of it.

ArmA 2 is not Halo. In fact, it's probably the closest thing to a battlefield simulator we've got in the FPS world. Maybe you just have poor skills and are misunderstanding the point of the game.

Deeforce said:

I nominate Arma2, VoMiT!!!

You must really suck at videogames.

I nominate: Quake 4, GTA4, and Bioshock.

Mr. Freeze said to me:

...mhhh, nope: I'm an average player at the great game Counter-Strike: Source.

On topic: another really bad game which isn't as bad as Arma2, but still bad, is Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. Here I can say that the graphics really kick ass, but the difficulty is just too high! I played on skill easy and didn't come further on in the game because I died all the time. (Off topic: if you find cheats for the game please tell me, I searched around the internet, but didn't find them. Also: a game where you need cheats to play it is just bad). I've played FPS for 15 years now and shit like the difficulty in that game is just crap! I have to admit that I didn't try out the multiplayer modus, but I think the singleplayer modus is much more important in games that focus on the singleplayer modus!

Thundra, single handedly. I can at least play and have a laugh out of Big Rigs, and even out of Ethnic Cleansing. But Thundra is just a POS. The authors even had the full version for download somewhere back in 2006 (I grabbed it and saved for posterity) but they took it down angrily after Wikipedia filled their ass with concrete and put it on the list of the worst games ever.

Well Black & White made me hate modern video games, so I nominate it.

Also Halo for ripping off Tribes.

Both are proof that you don't need to make a good game as long as you have a massive hype campaign.

lol Halo totally did ripoff Tribes. At least we can rest easy knowing Tribes is 5000x more fun.

Deeforce said:

...mhhh, nope [I'm not a bad player]: I'm an average player at the great game Counter-Strike: Source.

Yet Deeforce more or less went on to say:
Ghost Recon sucks because I can't beat it.

PROTIP: Maybe you'll have a better chance if you didn't charge in while making a racket.

Deeforce said:

Walking too long in one place, too big areas, bad gameplay because of it.

The game has a wide variety of vehicles for a reason idiot. If you're actually trying to walk a couple hundred miles instead of say, jumping in a Humvee or Helicopter then yeah, you do pretty much suck at games.

Edit: Read your post about Ghost Recon. Sounds more to me like you just flat out suck at tactical shooters.

@Craigs: I don't like you anymore because you said idiot to me, muahahahaha >:-() Also: that's my opinion and you have your opinion. (now I don't say something to you like "pussy", eh :-P!)

Deeforce said:

@Craigs: I don't like you anymore because you said idiot to me, muahahahaha >:-() Also: that's my opinion and you have your opinion. (now I don't say something to you like "pussy", eh :-P!)

Sweet Jesus I really hope you're just trolling.

Craigs said:

Read your post about Ghost Recon. Sounds more to me like you just flat out suck at tactical shooters.

Ok, maybe.

Craigs said:

Sweet Jesus I really hope you're just trolling.

It seems perfectly obvious to me he was joking around. "Troll" is a word so overused here it has wrapped around on itself and created a black hole.

I haven't played many "worst" games but I have played a lot of games that let me down. I think Gran Turismo jumped the shark from GT3 onwards when the cars started handling like ironing boards, the number of car and tracks was slashed severely from GT2, the tuning options excluded racing colour schemes and body kits and holy God were there some pallette swapped Jap cars.

Then of course we have the over-reliance on "prequels" which are expensive but heavily stripped versions of the main games, and try to make us forget that we're waiting for the next real sequel. Also the farce of GT5 never being released; I played the demo and was shocked how poor it was compared to Forza 3 in basically every respect.

I'm not saying GT3 onwards are the worst games this decade, merely the most disappointing.

EDIT: And I'm not a shameless GT basher, I still think GT2 is perhaps the greatest racing game of all time, including Forza 3.

MajorRawne said:

I think Gran Turismo jumped the shark from GT3 onwards when the cars started handling like ironing boards.

Er, do you actually drive IRL? The realism of handling in GT3 was greatly improved and the tracks no longer looked like they were 6 feet wide. My friends and I own or have owned several cars that are in GT4 and the car response is surprisingly accurate compared to real world counterparts.

I spent hours in front of GT1 and 2 myself, but I thought the games got better with age, not worse.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. No link because it's SO bad, if you don't know anything about it already, you are better off staying that way.

Enter the Matrix, hands down. Maybe not necessarily the worst game of the decade, but certainly the worst game I actually paid for. My God, and the worst part is, I actually convinced myself that I liked it - that's how badly I wanted to be playing a decent Matrix game as opposed to the miserable pile of shit I paid for. Years later, loading it up, I finally realized what an unplayable, buggy mess it truly was. Hell, I almost forgot I still own the damn thing (had to double check my DVD rack just now just to be sure it was still there).

Thank goodness for Path of Neo - yeah, it's nothing special, but it actually has what I want from a Matrix game, and it's a million times better than the earlier-mentioned piece of shit (though unfortunately, my sister's fiancee is currently in possession of it - thank goodness they're getting married in two days, as the wedding will be an excellent opportunity to reclaim what is rightfully mine).

Mr. Freeze said:

I nominate: Quake 4, GTA4, and Bioshock.

Bioshock no. Bioshock 2, yes. Aside from being completely arbitrary and tacked on, it really didn't feel like I was even playing as a big daddy. All the weapons were pretty much just reskinned versions of the ones from the first game with minor changes, and they didn't even fix the glaring problem with difficulty. Oh wait, they made it so enemies do more damage. Yeah, that was totally the problem. It obviously had nothing to do with the fact that there was no penalty for death. It makes a lot more sense too. A hulking heavily armored beat dies a lot easier than a fairly ordinary unarmored guy.

I kinda enjoyed GTA4 at first. Then I discovered Saints Row 2 and never touched it again. Saints Row 2 just felt like there were more possibilities. There was a lot more emphasis on character and vehicle customization, slightly more variety in vehicles, improved controls, and to be honest, I felt like it got a better idea of what I want in a sandbox game, specifically complete chaos.

Craigs said:
[...] It obviously had nothing to do with the fact that there was no penalty for death. [...]

Dammit, Turn vita chambers OFF then!
Even before it was patched in, I hit reload as soon as I died in the Bioshock.

That said, there are plenty of other problems with the games:

In Bioshock, you will have to make tough moral choices!

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KILL A CHILD Y/N
(HINT: N IS THE BETTER CHOICE)

Mine was Far Cry 2.

STALKER with less bugs in Africa with cool fire physics? Hey cool! want me some of that!

Oh hey, a check point full of bad guys! lets wipe these fools out and... oh wait, I just walked 100 meters down the road and all the guys I just killed reappeared... and the game world is full of these check point. I'm basically having the same fire fight over and over and over. Can't even sneak by because the stealth mechanics basically don't work.
Boy I sure have to drive a lot... Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Icewind Dale for being the most disappointing Black Isle/Bioware game ever. The sequel was slightly better. It wasn't really BAD, though. The icewind Dale series is probably the best for messing around with party builds to send into the huge plotless dungeon crawl which is the game.

D&D Online was fairly terrible as an MMO, but it did have a few interesting features, like the dungeon master narrating the game for you. It was worth playing after they made it free. :P

Really, I don't remember playing any bad games in the last decade because I either avoided them, or erased them from my memory.