• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lost Heretic

NDCP UV Max Demo Pack

===========================================
Newdoom Community Project UV Max Demo Pack
===========================================

This is a collection of recorded demos (lmps) for all 32 levels of "Newdoom Community Project" megawad. All lmps were recorded on skill 4 (Ultra-Violence), ending with at least 100% kills and 100% secrets where it's possible.

The demos were recorded in Boom2.02-format using compatibility level "9" with PrBoom-plus, without any TAS features. All demos should play back all right using newer versions of PrBoom and PrBoom-plus.

"Newdoom Community Project" is available at ->
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14102

|             MAP01    3:28   100% 100%   skepticist               |
 |             MAP02    5:53   100% 100%   skepticist               |
 |             MAP03    6:55   100% 100%   skepticist               |
 |             MAP04    3:18   100% 100%   skepticist               |
 |             MAP05    8:32   100% 100%   skepticist               |
 |             MAP06   14:59   100% 100%   skepticist               |
 |             MAP07   10:21   100% 100%   Never_Again              |
 |             MAP08    4:51   103% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP09   19:17   100% 100%   Never_Again              |
 |             MAP10    7:04   100% 100%   Never_Again              |
 |             MAP11    3:58   100% 100%   skepticist               |
 |             MAP12    5:58   101% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP13    6:27   100% 100%   Never_Again              |
 |             MAP14*   6:57   100%  75%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP15    6:50   100%  n/a   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP16    2:15   102% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP17    4:49   103% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP18    5:50   100% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP19*  24:27    98% 100%   Never_Again              |
 |             MAP20*   4:24   101% 100%   skepticist               |
 |             MAP21*   2:53   100%  87%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP22    5:19   100% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP23*  18:45    99% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP24    7:37   100% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP25    7:53   100% 100%   skepticist               |   
 |             MAP26    3:43   103%  n/a   skepticist               |
 |             MAP27*  18:17   104%  n/a   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP28    8:23   100% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP29   14:48   100% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP30    0:33   133% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP31    8:56   100% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |             MAP32    8:30   100% 100%   Heretic                  |
 |------------------------------------------------------------------|
 |                   total time: 4h 22m 00s                         |
 |------------------------------------------------------------------|
 |    * 100% kills/secrets impossible due to map design errors      |
 |__________________________________________________________________|    
Get it here -> http://hellscauldron.narod.ru/ndcpmax.zip

Never_Again said:
The TXT file in the ZIP is currently broken with Notepad, so try Wordpad and another program that supports Unix-style formatting.

Heh, I'm used to renaming the extension to DOC (which defaults to WordPad on my system) on such files. Revved's text files usually require it, for example.

Good stuff, it'd be nice if you guys do NDCP2 as well. I probably should start a bug-fixing thread so it can work on limit-removing boom compatible ports..

Awesome. Looking forward to watching these. :)

Joshy said:

I probably should start a bug-fixing thread so it can work on limit-removing boom compatible ports..

Yes, we should. :-)

Never_Again said:

If you decide to embark upon it, let me know if I can help with playtesting the fixes.

I would greatly appreciate that :-), I've started a thread to fix the megawad so at least, pretty or not, all the megawad will be completable! :P

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/51345-ndcp2-bugfixing-thread/

Ah, the author of "Baleful Confines" himself! Allow me to congratulate you on the best level of the whole megawad!

I agree, I remember playing that map years ago. Loved it, and not to mention, the music was very quite unique, IMO that map stood out the most as well as Map29. That's not to say the other maps weren't good/great. I used NDCP as an example to learn how to improve upon my mapping, apart from the obvious wads like AV and scythe1/2.

I believe Darkwolf only made map13 which was named Apocalypse Lab, which wasn't really a strong map overall IMO. Map19 was by Danimetal, who is quite renowned to do quite large complex overdetailed maps. :P

Never_Again said:

Last edited by Never_Again on 06-13-10 at 19:53

What is happened?

Probably forum's administrators should disable an ability to edit posts if there are answers, because logic of many threads is broken now :(

Or replace that magic number of minutes from

The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 1051920 minutes after you have posted.

with something like '3 days'

Yeah, I'm not sure why but he killed his posts from this year and last year. It's unfortunate, although he's entitled to delete them.

myk said:

he's entitled to delete them.

I disagree. Suppose someone writes something on wiki and later removes everything he wrote, leaving only what others added. It would be vandalism and treated as such. And he can't oblige anyone to remove it.

I'm just curious to figure out what on Earth caused him to do that.

Judging by what Joshy quoted, some of he posted here was aimed at me; what it was I guess I'll never know. :p

Anyway, on another note, I'm having quite a good time watching these demos, nice work, guys! :)

I also noticed that someone is posting these demos on YouTube, so if anyone wants to view them there, here is their playlist.

That YouTube user is Never_Again. The demos are fine, in any case, as Heretic posted them.

tempun said:
I disagree. Suppose someone writes something on wiki and later removes everything he wrote, leaving only what others added. It would be vandalism and treated as such. And he can't oblige anyone to remove it.

The Wikipedia and Doom wiki use licensing that says that when you edit an article or comment in talk pages you are allowing people to use the content freely.

Some of these are desyncing for me... I'm using -complevel 9. Has the WAD been updated (as per its comments on its download page) since these demos were recorded on it to cause these desyncs?

It hasn't been updated (it's from '06). You've no need to apply a compatibility level when playing a demo. That's just for recording unless you mean to force a different game mode (such as DOOM instead of The Ultimate DOOM). In most cases, if you do this, your directive will be ignored. PrBoom and PrBoom+ will detect the demo version from the demo header.

These demos all synch properly in Boom (except one that was recorded with Doom compatibility) and all synch in PrBoom+ v2.5.0.7. Make sure your WAD is the one from the archive and that it's not been modified. Otherwise, the desynch could be because your PrBoom/+ is outdated. Some Boom compatibility bug was caught some time back.

It's the one linked to in the starting post... Could be the complevel stuffing it up if it's not necessary anyway, and I'm unsure as to whether I've got the latest PrBoom, so time to go check that out too.

If it still goes strange once I've checked these out, then it could be Windows 7: A Doom Oddity.

Thanks for the advice!

Whatever happened is a mystery to me as well. I'm not aware of anyone who'd be better off with my posts deleted, so this may well have been an Act of God. ;) I've been locked out of my account, too, until, in a flash of genius, I realized I could simply email the admin.

Too bad about the posts, of course, there were a few with original research not to be found on the wiki or anywhere else, like practical vanilla demo length limit; real-time speed tests of vanilla under DOS, Win98, XP and Dosbox and a few others I spent several hours on. Well, there's no use crying over spilled milk, so I'll just say this: never use a WAD's title as your password, especially if it's a common dictionary word. ;)