Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

International Doom League Summer 2010 Season Opener

The International Doom League and TastySpleen TastyCast have joined forces for the Summer 2010 season to bring IDL games to a larger audience. On June 11th, starting at 7:30PM EDT, the IDL will kick off their season with an exciting triple header:

• 7:35P EDT: Super Chargers vs. Spread Eagles (A rematch of the Winter 2010 IDL title game).
  • 10:00P EDT: Flag Steelers vs. Berserker Packers (Two former teammates, now rookie captains face off to make an immediate statement within their highly competitive conference).
  • 11:00P EDT: Killing Browns vs. Electric Bills (A historical divisional rivalry between two captains with mutual hatred for each other).
The International Doom League is the premiere Doom CTF league, now entering its eighth season. Founded in 2006, the league has brought together players from over 10 countries world wide throughout its existence and continues to offer the highest quality of team based Doom competition.

Starting as a simple internet radio station for the Quake II Tastyspleen community, the Tastyspleen TastyCast has evolved into a multi-faceted media group, bringing together gaming communities that had grown apart. TastySpleen now covers games and events daily from series like Quake, Doom, and Warsow.

The TastySpleen broadcast begins Friday, June 11th at 7:00P EDT.

Sweet. Props to Jehar for having seemingly unlimited time on his hands to shoutcast pretty much everything ever.

Cool. Will there be VoDs of the acshun? I had a quick look at the tastyspleen site but didn't see anything about it.

EDIT: and yes, Jehar ftw. :)

Khorus said:

Cool. Will there be VoDs of the acshun? I had a quick look at the tastyspleen site but didn't see anything about it.

EDIT: and yes, Jehar ftw. :)

Tastyspleen got VODs for all their previous action. So I'm sure there will be here as well.

Deeforce said:

It better should be staged online on Doomconnector or Skulltag, otherwise it would not be that optimal.

What does this even mean?

i'm gonna be on televishon woo!

Deeforce said:

It better should be staged online on Doomconnector or Skulltag, otherwise it would not be that optimal.

rofl. i love you.

Ralphis said:

What does this even mean?

Would it make sense, when no one could even see the games? For me not, because I like to watch the different players how they play. This I could do online on a multiplayer platform, but seeing only the results is nothing for me...

Deeforce said:

Would it make sense, when no one could even see the games? For me not, because I like to watch the different players how they play. This I could do online on a multiplayer platform, but seeing only the results is nothing for me...

This news post is about how people will be able to watch the games live through the broadcasts. Additionally, all demos from all players are posted to http://intldoomleague.org after each game.

After all these years, of doing Quake Live events, big money tourneys, and major ESR-centric events...

We finally made the front of DoomWorld. My life is complete now.

please Jehar, use Own3d stream instead of Ustream. The quality is superior.

Jehar said:

After all these years, of doing Quake Live events, big money tourneys, and major ESR-centric events...

We finally made the front of DoomWorld. My life is complete now.

Heh

We're in discussion with them right now. The biggest issue at the moment is the lack of 100% on their end of keeping recordings, and that's a bit of a high priority. As soon as it can be assured, we're on.

Really? I didn't consider that an issue since "Holysh1t TV" has been using them as their VOD bank since January or something... The more you know *Shooting star*

EDIT: Not to be telling the admins how to run their tourneys. But I wish they'd give the players a map pool to pick and drop maps from akin to Quake tourneys. Since picking one map will let some teams get benefits over others more easily.

While you're here, was it you who sent me a modified client with the chasecam2 command? My copy of that is currently locked in the office, and I gots no ssh to that box. Doh.

kristus said:

EDIT: Not to be telling the admins how to run their tourneys. But I wish they'd give the players a map pool to pick and drop maps from akin to Quake tourneys. Since picking one map will let some teams get benefits over others more easily.

The concept behind this is that all teams should draft to be as well rounded as possible. Throughout the season there are maps that favor all styles of play including generalizations such as maps that are more offensive or defensive, maps that favor stronger ssgs, maps that favor runners, low scoring, high scoring, etc. Once teams make it into the playoffs they get homefield advantage (they get to pick their map) and there have been many upset victories on these regardless.

Plus, all teams have the same maps to practice all week so it's much easier to find practice and know what you're going into.

Jehar said:

While you're here, was it you who sent me a modified client with the chasecam2 command? My copy of that is currently locked in the office, and I gots no ssh to that box. Doh.

Que?

Ralphis said:

The concept behind this is that all teams should draft to be as well rounded as possible. Throughout the season there are maps that favor all styles of play including generalizations such as maps that are more offensive or defensive, maps that favor stronger ssgs, maps that favor runners, low scoring, high scoring, etc. Once teams make it into the playoffs they get homefield advantage (they get to pick their map) and there have been many upset victories on these regardless.

Plus, all teams have the same maps to practice all week so it's much easier to find practice and know what you're going into.

Yeah. But if some team gets overrun because that weeks map just simply doesn't work for their strengths as a team. They'll be basically screwed. Even if a map that they would totally own on comes up later. They won't have the chance to benefit from it since that map won't come up until later in the tournament.

kristus said:

Yeah. But if some team gets overrun because that weeks map just simply doesn't work for their strengths as a team. They'll be basically screwed. Even if a map that they would totally own on comes up later. They won't have the chance to benefit from it since that map won't come up until later in the tournament.

The IDL is not a normal tournament, it's a fully fledged league (based on American professional sports models). This season, the regular season is 8 weeks long and ALL teams will play ALL of the selected maps during that time.

After the 8 week regular season, the top teams at the end qualify for the playoffs, a three week single elimination tournament that eventually leads to crowning the league champion.