Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robo-ky

"powerbattle maps"

sometimes on my spare time i like to fill capture the flag maps and/or death match maps with monsters all strategically positioned to kick my ass and i try to see if i can survive, i know its a really cheap thrill and that any won can do it, but its rely fun, would i be grossly insulted for positing maps that other people made with monsters from other mods in them all over the place? i could see why people might get angry at me, but its just for fun and i would totally put them in the credits

Don't distribute or modify someone's else work unless they have specified you can do so.

The age of a wad doesn't matter. Unless you have express permission from the author or the included txt file you can't go around modifying someone's work. Of course won't matter if you just do this for yourself and don't distribute the file. What is the map pack anyway? I'd be amused to see what you consider 'old'.

Use3D said:

I'd be amused to see what you consider 'old'.

Heh, heh, heh. Me, too.

And as has been stated several times elsewheres...No response for permission means "No".

When I first got into mapping, I jampacked Gothic DM 2 with monsters and discovered that deathmatch layouts make for some very frantic and non-linear single player maps. I wasn't allowed to release it though because the text file of course said I couldn't. Later, it inspired me to make my own deathmatch maps and later jam them with monsters for a fast-paced single player experience as well. Motornerve

If you are good at strategically placing monsters/weapons/ammo but not so much mapping itself, you may be of great value to some people. I used to be really bad as far as monster and item placement, Super Jamie was EXTREMELY helpful in making UAC Ultra's gameplay as good as it is. You may want to team up with someone who can make some decent map designs and work on a project together.

It's true, deathmatch against monsters in small, fast maps with open layout is pretty fun. A bit like a less-confined horde event or a slaughtermap without the annoying grind.

There should be a DMSP mod (like the one for Quake) that spawns waves of monsters using the deathmatch starts.