Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shotty Nuggets

Final Doom XBLA

Most everyone knows that recently Doom 2 finally made its way to the Xbox Live Arcade. I wanted to know if anyone knew when Final Doom would make its debut on XBLA. Please cite any finds that you may come across, thank you.

It probably won't. But I suppose we can still hope.

Final Doom, Heretic and Hexen would all be welcome additions to XBLA.

Master Levels as DLC for Doom II would also be pretty cool.

I really want Final Doom to make its way to the arcade. I have been playing Doom 1 & 2 for the past few days for the achievements and know I must play Final Doom....

BlazingPhoenix said:

I'd rather hope for Heretic and Hexen XBLA. :P

I agree with this person, that way I could show my boyfriend. ^_^

Reevys said:

Master Levels as DLC for Doom II would also be pretty cool.

This to, as I have fond memories of playing these levels with my younger brother. :3

I would like to buy them for xbox, for the simple reason I love playing xbox instead of pc. And I want to get the achievements for one of my favorite games.

there's ways you can connect your xbox controller to your pc isn't there? could save you a few bucks and give you a lot more maps to play doom on.

40oz said:

there's ways you can connect your xbox controller to your pc isn't there? could save you a few bucks and give you a lot more maps to play doom on.

But it doesn't have achievements and, as we all know, any game without achievements is no good.

I to am a fan of the 360 controller when it comes to playing Doom. Sadly though, when I connect it up to my laptop, the triggers don't count as buttons, but are instead the z-axis and z-rotation. And if I try setting either of these as shoot, it just shoots forever.

I'm not sure whether this is a Mac problem, a problem with my 360 drivers, a problem with the application I use to set-up the controller, or a combination of the three. So I'm currently looking into other PC controllers that are similar in design to the 360 controller.

Reevys said:

I to am a fan of the 360 controller when it comes to playing Doom. Sadly though, when I connect it up to my laptop, the triggers don't count as buttons, but are instead the z-axis and z-rotation. And if I try setting either of these as shoot, it just shoots forever.

I'm not sure whether this is a Mac problem, a problem with my 360 drivers, a problem with the application I use to set-up the controller, or a combination of the three. So I'm currently looking into other PC controllers that are similar in design to the 360 controller.

I believe ZDoom fixes this problem.

EDIT: Wait, is ZDoom even for Mac?

TheDarkArchon said:

But it doesn't have achievements and, as we all know, any game without achievements is no good.

You can make an achievement source port.

TheDarkArchon said:

Allow me to refer to something better then achievements. Four letters, two syllables, two words, three double-u, a dot, something really SWEET! followed by a .com = http://www.scoredoom.com

TheDarkArchon said:

Just compensate by following your game with a rousing session of Achievement Unlocked until you have your fill of achievements. It'll help you feel that you've really achieved something worth achieving.

Rohit_N said:

I believe ZDoom fixes this problem.

EDIT: Wait, is ZDoom even for Mac?

ZDoom is what I'm using. It's a ported version someone did over at the ZDoom forums, I believe. It's several versions behind the Windows release, however. I'll need to look into upgrading it at some point.

Anyways, after a bit of Googling, it seems the application I use to assign buttons on the controller to keyboard keys (GamePad Companion) is the problem. So, I've downloaded a few similar applications, in the hopes one of them will treat the triggers as buttons, and not the z-axis.

Indeed. Absolutely no information has been released that suggests Final Doom will be coming to XBLA, apart from the fact it was rated by some ratings board a few years back. So right now, it's simply rumours and wishful thinking.

Thanks, but that seems to be Windows only, and I have a Mac.

Still, I fixed the problem anyways. Y'see, the application I was using (GamePad Companion) would allow me to do everything except set the triggers to a single button. I then tried another application (ControllerMate) which allowed me to do everything except set the left and right sticks to move. So as a solution, I configured both of them, and now have both of them running at the same time.

It may have cost me quite a bit (I had to register both applications for about £10 each), but it means that I shouldn't be limited in any way in the future should I wish to configure another controller, or if I wish to reconfigure the controller for use with another game.

Reevys said:

ZDoom is what I'm using. It's a ported version someone did over at the ZDoom forums, I believe. It's several versions behind the Windows release, however. I'll need to look into upgrading it at some point.

http://svn.drdteam.org/zdoom-mac/
They are frequently updated, so if you want the latest SVN builds, go there.