Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

Thoughts on MechWarrior reboot. (Upcoming Game)

This trailer was released little over a year ago, but its rumored for release later this year or 2011.

What are your thoughts on it? Would you like to see what they can do with the franchise, or would you just want to remember the older games and leave it be?Personally, I am excited for this game. Its stupid how they didn't just call it MechWarrior 5, but whatever.

In my opinion, more MechWarrior can't be a bad thing. But I can't say I'm not worried. "Not your father's MechWarrior" is fairly cringeworthy, especially looking back on how "Not your father's Star Trek" turned out.

The trailer is neat, though.

It's really the only game I'm interested in at this point(really doubt Doom 4 will deliver). I'm hoping for a return to big clunky MW2/3 style mechs, instead of the fluid FPS style MW4 ones that looked tiny and had controls that made you feel underwater. It's also apparently going to use the same mercenary story line from the first game, which should be good.

Scet said:

I'm hoping for a return to big clunky MW2/3 style mechs, instead of the fluid FPS style MW4 ones that looked tiny and had controls that made you feel underwater.

This, but I doubt it will happen.

Mech 2 remains the best Mechwarrior game, though it's such a serious simulation it's tough to get into just for a casual blast. I thought Mech 3 struck a nice balance. Mech 4 was basically a Microsoft FPS with robots.

I love Mech 2 and wish I knew where my copy was. This trailer was pretty awesome, and i had forgotten it even existed until you posted it here.

But yeah, pretty much what the others said. I'd like to see a return to the rougher style of mech, but... doubtful :(

That looks pretty kick-ass. I'm not sure how I missed that trailer either :P. The only Mechwarrior game I've had the chance to play was MW4, although I purchased the PSX version of MW2 a few years ago (I just haven't had a chance to play it yet). I'm a huge sucker for mech games, especially ones with deep customization. I'll definitely be looking to pick this game up, though right now most of my attention is being garnered by the upcoming Armored Core 5 :P.

Trailer does look good. I loved Mechwarrrior 2 as a kid (actually went back and watched the intro video just now), and if this turns out good I'll have something interesting to buy in the upcoming future

Mechadon said:

although I purchased the PSX version of MW2 a few years ago

MechWarrior games have a ton of controls and are very keyboard driven, especially the older ones like MW2. I'd recommend just getting the DOS version of MW2 and forgetting about the PSX one.

Scet said:

MechWarrior games have a ton of controls and are very keyboard driven, especially the older ones like MW2. I'd recommend just getting the DOS version of MW2 and forgetting about the PSX one.

Even better, MW4 is 100% free since about 7 months now, along with Assualt Tech.

AveryMaurice said:

Even better, MW4

He's already played MW4. Besides as Super Jamie said, MW4 isn't a Mech simulator it's an FPS.

It was more of an impulse buy than anything else. I would have bought the PC version of the game before the PSX version if I found it first. I'll have to look into the PC version of MW2 sometime though just because everyone is saying it's the better out of the series.

AveryMaurice said:

MW4 has a third-person camera as well.

I meant how the mech handled, not the camera. It's closer to a Japanese mech game then the old BattleTech style simulators.