Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

CoD MW 2 Commercial

Planky didn't say:
I never got the appeal of CoD. Just another war themed fps.

FTFY

Planky said:

I never got the appeal of MW2. Just another war themed fps.

I played it during the first free weekend on Steam. It's one of those games where, if someone gave me a copy, I'd probably play it for a while, but it's certainly nothing I'd buy myself (especially not at the price they ask for it). I didn't think there was anything particularly wrong with it, but at the same time I haven't really played any "realistic" FPS games before and it still seemed really generic to me.

Nazi Zombies is the only reason I like CoD. The MW2 multiplayer was fun though...just not for long. Then again, I can't stand doom DM for more than 20 minutes or so :D

It's not the game I don't get, it's the advertising. I understand the joke in which "doing it" is supposed to sound like it's referring to having sex, but as an ad it has to be referring to something else. I just can't figure out what that something else is.

The something else is two things.
1. The 20 million copies sold almost instantly on release of the game. 2. Seeing a WW2 vet talking about this war he was in.

40oz said:

Did you buy it hardcore?

Either I don't understand who you're talking to, or what you're saying.

I don't get why this game is so popular. Is it really that different from other WW2 shooters?

It's easy for new people to get multiplayer kills (nobody admits to this, though). That's why the game appeals to so many people. I know somebody that sucks at video games because they spend their time doing other things that can get 20 kills a game in a MW2 deathmatch.

Danarchy said:

I don't get why this game is so popular. Is it really that different from other WW2 shooters?

Modern Warfare 2

flubbernugget said:

It's easy for new people to get multiplayer kills (nobody admits to this, though). That's why the game appeals to so many people. I know somebody that sucks at video games because they spend their time doing other things that can get 20 kills a game in a MW2 deathmatch.

Depends on the platform. PS3 I can come out on top most matches but on 360 I have much more trouble getting kills.

Anyway, the original is better

Though I only really laughed at the "Steady Aim" bit.

And I just Prestiged for the first time, yay me!

There were a lot more references to MW that I could be more familiar with in that version. It makes a bit more sense now. The shorter version just didn't really make any allusions to the game itself and I had no idea what it was advertising after watching it multiple times (minus the game's logo flashed on the screen shortly after) I was unaware of the gamemode "hardcore" though.

Me and my girlfriend saw this commercial on G4 some weeks ago and we really thought that old man was talking about sex O_o

DuckReconMajor said:

Modern Warfare 2

Well, whatever the hell. Same basic gameplay.

That's actually why I love it. I didn't buy CoD4 because I thought being "Modern Warfare" it would be a super-tactical Ghost Recon clone. After finding out it's the same fun and simple premise from CoD2, not getting it turned out to be one of the things I most regret.

Admittedly playing call of duty 4 on xbox live was really addictive. It was mostly because a lot of my friends who aren't ordinarily 'gamers' were playing it though.

40oz said:

Admittedly playing call of duty 4 on xbox live was really addictive. It was mostly because a lot of my friends who aren't ordinarily 'gamers' were playing it though.

This. I thoroughly enjoyed Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (HOLY SHIT WATS THAT ALL I KNOW IS COD4567etcetcLOL) but then again, ANY game can be fun with a handful of friends. For example:

Mercenaries 2. 'nuff said.