Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

heretic speed mapping session 3

hello to all, here's the 3rd session of the heretic speed mapping session, since the second one did last week got only two maps, and so i add another project to take over almost a episode...

however, mapping rules:

- Make a 1-on-1 map, using heretic IWAD
- Made it for zdoom port
- Use the heretic textures stock choice
- If you want to use a new music, keep it under the 1 MB size
- This session got a little difference between the precedent sessions, in fact this one will runs from the 48 hours from the 5.00 AM of Rome GTM, for having more mappers in the list, just remind to mapping it fast!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Do I have to build my map in Hexen format or UDMF, or can I make it vanilla compatible?

EDIT2: Oh damn these are supposed to be Deathmatch maps? Fuck. Next time i should read the description -.-

Refuge of the marsh-lord
(accidently a normal singleplayer map)
http://home.arcor.de/peter_wiese/rotml.wad

Build time: maybe between 4 and 5 hours with testing and debugging

I added a small mapinfo to create the fog-effect. it is not that important but looks better. and as you already pointed out you want to do this for zdoom-compatibiliy so it should be possible to include the mapinfo for this map as well.

edit: i saw the guy above me included a custom sky so i did for my map as well :P like the fog effect it is not that important but the map looks far better without the brown hills.

wait....how much time is left???

I'll just start now

EDIT: PS: By zdoom, do you mean zdaemon? I thought zdoom mode fucks up in zdaemon...should I use boom? Vanilla? Too many ??? ? ?? ? ?

ok mapping in hexen format is much more better, and yes zdaemon is much better for this map...

and magicsofa, boom doesn't works for heretic LOL.

i take a look to the maps submitted until now guys!

EDIT: Time left is 40 hours, don't worry about time... take a look to my last post... 11 hours before the deadline submit your stuff guys!!!!

sorry for double post, but here's my contribution, it could not be the best duel map however told me what do you think:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23058409/jkdjdfk.wad

title: chicken battle in space
time: 2 hours, one this morning when i started to map and one recently finishing and adding detail... prepare because this isn't a ordinary heretic map ^_^

however talking about phil and fenriswolf maps, they made a really good work, phil do you change the original sky1 texture on sky3 using a MAPINFO lump? You will use the one i did for the map i send, there's no problem... and fenriswolf that map is great, a little gem, BUT is for single player and most important, contains a new sky texture and this going against the rules... do you will almost add dm player starts and fixing some problems? I noticed also that map is for limit-removing, do you please change it for "zdoom in hexen" engine?

Use the program called zwadconv inside the zip file here, for don't remake it again:

http://zdoom.org/files/utils/utils050999.zip

Thank for your attention goodnigth

walter confalonieri said:

phil do you change the original sky1 texture on sky3 using a MAPINFO lump?

No I use a Skybox effect :P

Also I lol at Fenriswolf for pulling a Doom Marine(in case y'all don't know what I'm talking about, during the 32in24-6 session Doom Marine accidently made a single player map instead of a deathmatch one).

Philnemba said:

Also I lol at Fenriswolf for pulling a Doom Marine(in case y'all don't know what I'm talking about, during the 32in24-6 session Doom Marine accidently made a single player map instead of a deathmatch one).

yeah im still angry about my stupidity -.- well at least making the map was fun. i will probably release it somewhere else cuz it might not fit to the DM maps.

ok... now we've got six levels (adding the other session of the last week...) and since fenriswolf wants to post his\hers map as a standalone project, so i just thinking to made another session, almost to take over the episode... by the way, a sort of first alpha of the maps done until now:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gk2motmmttf

walter confalonieri said:

by the way, a sort of first alpha of the maps done until now

Hey what happen to the music I use in my "Iceberg Dual" map :(

last week I said:

Hey what happen to the music I use in my "Iceberg Dual" map :(

Ok I took the liberty to fix it myself and it turns out that Walter madea mistake on the mapinfo of my map so I just simply renamed the mus file thats suppose to play on my "Iceberg Dual" map. Anyway heres the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdid22jdd2z

I see nothing else that needs to be fix on other maps Walter so I say go and upload this to idgames unless you or Magicsofa have any anything else to say about it(or better yet do you want me to upload it?).

Heretic speedmapping? Sounds interesting, though you may want to announce the next session a tiny bit in advance (maybe a day or so) before posting the rules/theme. A simple "Hey, I'm starting a session tomorrow that will run from 0:00 to 9:99" could help gather more participants without spoiling anything.

Xaser said:

Heretic speedmapping? Sounds interesting, though you may want to announce the next session a tiny bit in advance (maybe a day or so) before posting the rules/theme. A simple "Hey, I'm starting a session tomorrow that will run from 0:00 to 9:99" could help gather more participants without spoiling anything.

all right, the next time i'll see to made somenthing similar to this..