Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraboy94

Vuvuzela Doom Weapon

...Yeah, title says it all. I'm suprised no-one else had made this before me.

Enjoy annoying demons to death with this abomination of a piece of plastic.

Made in SlumpED. Images and sound edited in Photoshop CS2 and Audacity, respectively. Took me just under an hour.

Download Link: http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/vuvuzela_0.zip
Requires a Zdoom-Compatible port.

Amusing stuff, just like the Rickroll boombox that does the same sort of thing.

Hahahah, this is classic. I'm going to nominate this for mock award, because it actually is funny unlike the other ones that were nominated so far.

The funniest thing though, is that Europeans are the worst with those things, not our locals. You'll see them all going blue in the face blowing them, and then they'll go back to their country and complain about all the noise. :P

PS. AN OVERSEAS ENTREPRENEUR WAS THE ONE THAT INVESTED ALL THE MONEY INTO MAKING SURE EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO VUVUZELAS!

It would much more funny if all monsters would immediatelly attack player more furiously when he starts trumpeting.

The way he holds it seems strange.
I wonder how Doom guy blows it anyways. His head is completely covered with a helmet, right?

yeah! now get as many players as you can on a server all blowing that thing and it starts sounding like football! :p

/me makes note to tell the zds and fnf admins

It was quite funny too...but it didn't annoy the imps when you were at the bottom of the secret lift! Needs more A_BFGSpray :P

LogicDeLuxe said:

The way he holds it seems strange.
I wonder how Doom guy blows it anyways. His head is completely covered with a helmet, right?

If he can carry a bunch of heavy weapons on his person and run at super-human speed, blowing a plastic trumpet through his helmet is child's play.

Hehe. This made me chuckle. It's too bad you give some of the enemies some custom death animations like having the imps covering their ears and then having their heads explode a few seconds later or something.

the "most annoying sound in the world" meme is kinda dead now IMO.

I know it's possible to make this trumpet stronger, strong enough to practically flatten massive groups of enemies in seconds.

gun_psycho said:

I know it's possible to make this trumpet stronger, strong enough to practically flatten massive groups of enemies in seconds.

Yeah, but watching the enemies being tortured a bit before dieing by the sound is a lot more satisfying... >:)

I wasn't expecting such a great response either... :S

YouTube's gone crazy now, too. They added a football icon into the player of most videos. Clicking on it plays a loud vuvuzela horde.

Is there any way I can listen to the song of this video (the oldschool song)? I know of a software where you can convert midi songs from a 200 Mhz comp, burn it and listen to it on a newer comp in mp3 format... I want to listen to the oldschool midi songs that sound like the musíc in this video (I use a very new PC! :-().

You should add a pickup sound, like Jim Carrey saying "wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? (from Dumb&Dumber), or some guy yelling VUVUZELA or something else from soccer lol

Doomworld shoud have changed the Post Hell music to a Vuvuzela for the World Cup :p

Though that might be cheesy.

Vermil said:

Doomworld shoud have changed the Post Hell music to a Vuvuzela for the World Cup :p

"Vuvuzela Salad"

The vuvuzela is not even half as timeless as rutabaga salad. Everytime I browse post hell I still chuckle a little. The vuvuzela was kinda funny after the youtube techno remix 10 minute loop, and admittedly i sparked a grin at Knee-Deep in the Vuvuzelas, but it's just not funny anymore.

How very interesting

As has been stated, this is very funny. I approve :D

Gez said:

"Vuvuzela Salad"

Heh

EDIT:

Deeforce said:

Is there any way I can listen to the song of this video (the oldschool song)? I know of a software where you can convert midi songs from a 200 Mhz comp, burn it and listen to it on a newer comp in mp3 format... I want to listen to the oldschool midi songs that sound like the musíc in this video (I use a very new PC! :-().

Try ZDoom's emulation option. Check it out in the sound options menu, comes almost spot on IMO

...185,000 views, featured on many news blogs, e-mail from machinima offering contract, e-mail from PC FORMAT asking if they can use the WAD on the cover disk...

...This is getting out of hand.

lhahahahah I love it when the internet gets all in a tizzy over nonsense like this. Enjoy the limelight dude, you made doom relevant yet again.

the BFT9000. Now there is a weapon.