Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lobo

Wish List of TCs

I thought it would be interesting to post this topic and see what people out there want in a Total Conversion!

Here goes My Wish List:
1) Robotech TC
2) (New) Aliens TC(without predators :-) )

Anyone else?

Well, bots in the game you can talk to.
Gl support
Kick ass weapons
Awesome gameplay.
'nuff said.
Also, Lobo, our pre-beta of Make Doom go Quake (3) has come out. Only for people working on my team though, due to our link on the site broken and having to remove it. 1 mb over geocities ftp space. Kinda sucks.

Melee arena.

Basically this is a class based deathmatch mod where you choose from various "classes" of close range/melee weaponry (axes, hammers, knives, swords, chainsaws, etc...). Within each class there are various types of each weapon. Perhaps you start with the base level but find upgrade types as lying around the levels. You can only carry limited weaponry so you have to switch between weapons you carry (think Halo). Get some nice arenas and you can have some great tournament action (If any of you have had low gravity knife fights in Fire Arms [for HL], you will know where I'm coming from.)

Syndicate Doom...that would be abso-fucking-lutely AMAZING. Just saw picks of Syndicate Q3A, looks incredible...Just because they're actually making an FPS version of the game...anyways, it would be great to see it done to Doom, but for Singleplayer purposes, and add in the equipment purchasing if possible, AND stealing cars to do drive-by's...YEAH!!...And combine Syndicate and Syndicate Wars into it.

Heh, I made a melee Doom DM mod for EDGE once, but I gave up after I lost the (very cool) level I made for it.

Gl support

THERE ARE SUCH THINGS AS GLLEGACY AND JDOOM AND VAVOOM AND ZDOOMGL AND GLBOOM AND OTHERS, YOU KNOW

How about a Masters Of The Universe TC?
Eh? Eh?

Come on... Someone out there wants to make it!

Or what about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles??

Thundercats?

VOLTRON!!!

Well, a Resident evil TC was on my wish list, but one has already started. Good luck with that!

Another one would be something like Command & Conquer. A mancubus could be a flame tank with sprite work only, and Pain Elemental could be changed to a chinook helicopter or APC, spawning reinforcements.

I think a Dune TC would be cool, although I'm not sure who the enemy would be (apart from the the sardaukar and harkonnen:only 2 enemy types!)

If you were to do a Dune TC, why not take the side of the Harkonnen? everyone seems to think you have to be Atreides/Fremen by default...

But then you have the same problem! Who are the enemies?You'll still just have two: atreides and fremen.

Hey, I've just thought of another one:
TRANSFORMERS!! That would be cool! Ah, the good old days: optimus prime, megatron, soundwave...
(drifts into nostalgic stupor)

There was a transformers TC done?

Where can I find it? Even if it's as bad as you say, I'd still like to have a look, out of curiosity.

#doom vs. Shotgun Bill rage wars. I'd like to know what will happen if all of #doom goes against Shotgun Bill hehe

He'd die.

go to whereever the cdrom.com Doom archives are now, go into combos. it's tfdoom-something-or-other.zip

Hey thanks. BTW, Lock and Load is looking good, but where are the aliens?

I don't think that Pilotbombadier has done any new enemies yet. Those weapons DO require harder enemies. I wonder can you use fuel-air bomb without dying yourself?

Nope, god mode won't even save you. there's a limit as to how much damage you can take, god or not...i think it's supposed to be like 1001. 1000 you're safe, over that and game over. But that was with dehacked...I dunno about EDGE. Oh, well there is a way to use the Fuel-Air Explosive without killing yoursefl...fire and then either get behind a pillar or better yet get the hell out of the room. That's pretty much it.

#doom vs. Shotgun Bill rage wars. I'd like to know what will happen if all of #doom goes against Shotgun Bill hehe

gee uhh HE HAS BEEN PERMBANNED FROM THERE YOU KNOW CACO

Syndicate Doom...that would be abso-fucking-lutely AMAZING. Just saw picks of Syndicate Q3A, looks incredible...Just because they're actually making an FPS version of the game...anyways, it would be great to see it done to Doom, but for Singleplayer purposes, and add in the equipment purchasing if possible, AND stealing cars to do drive-by's...YEAH!!...And combine Syndicate and Syndicate Wars into it.

OH FUCKING GOD!!!!!! SYNDACATE Q3A!?!?!?!!?!?

Im thew HUGESt fan of syndacate in the wqorld

/me is ecstatic

bye for now, im gonna go find this mod NOW

But then you have the same problem! Who are the enemies?You'll still just have two: atreides and fremen.

Uh, have you actually read Dune? or any of the other novels? Their are plenty of different houses each with their own alliances and enemies.

Their are plenty of different houses each with their own alliances and enemies.

Yeah, but I was thinking more along the lines of an Arrakis-only setting, based on the first couple of books. Who are all these houses on Dune of which you speak?

I think a Dune TC would be cool, although I'm not sure who the enemy would be (apart from the the sardaukar and harkonnen:only 2 enemy types!)

Some more ideas:

Face dancers.

Wild sand worms.

Renegade Fremen (the tribes that kill you, just so they can take your water... I forget what the name for them was).

And who says Harkonnen and Sardaukar would have to be just 2 enemy types. In Doom there are zombies and zombie sargeants, demons and spectres, hell knights and barons of hell, you get the idea.

And who says Harkonnen and Sardaukar would have to be just 2 enemy types. In Doom there are zombies and zombie sargeants, demons and spectres, hell knights and barons of hell, you get the idea.

Very good point! I suppose we could use our imagination a little and have different types of troops for whatever house we're dealing with. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Now we just need someone to actually do the TC!!

BTW wasn't there a dune TC for duke nukem or something?

Yeah, but I was thinking more along the lines of an Arrakis-only setting, based on the first couple of books. Who are all these houses on Dune of which you speak?

Oh I see what you mean now. Cause I was thinking about the prelude novels (I am reading the third at the moment) and there are plenty of different houses mentioned...

Face dancers.

Wild sand worms.

Renegade Fremen (the tribes that kill you, just so they can take your water...I forget what the name for them was).

Different ranks of Sardaukar would be one idea. I don't think there are any renegade fremen, they are all kinda renegade...anyways, I am probably wrong again so don't worry about me.

I would be interested in making a dune TC if anyone else would be willing too.