Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RestlessRodent

Need a logo (for Strawberry Doom)

Hello, Strawberry Doom needs somebody's help and needs a logo (since I suck at anything graphical).

* The logo should be a strawberry, nothing realistic, nothing too cartoony. Maybe some kind of strawberry of some sort.
* Preferred to be at least 2048x2048 and at most 5012x5012 in a non-lossy format.
* Should be 32-bit (RGBA)
* Allow me to use the logo everywhere I see fit.
* Allow me to copy the logo and change it around (i.e. scale it).
* If you include a shadow, be sure to make a shadowless copy.
* SVG or PNG.
* A free logo, which is DFSG compatible.

Once you make the icon, copy the icon and make it all moldy (to resume my play on my shitty ancient Strawberry Doom setup icon).

Why such a high resolution? So it can be scaled down, don't want to be caught by any OS doubling it's icon resolution again.

You'll be credited/copyrighted!

Thanks.

EDIT: More details

Try flickr, that's where I found the photo that I used for the Chocolate Doom logo. A lot of the stuff on there is CC licensed, though in my case I had to ask permission first.

5012x5012 sounds a bit excessive though. Unless it's converted from an SVG I think it's unlikely you'll get something in that high resolution.

GhostlyDeath said: Why such a high resolution? So it can be scaled down, don't want to be caught by any OS doubling it's icon resolution again

Any particular reason something much smaller (like a lossless 256x256 image) wouldn't be enough?

Have you considered keeping it simple and use a strawberry cone for the icon? a tasty-looking one, not like chocolate's, which looks like a big hunk of...less appetizing chocolate ice cream.

Porsche Monty said:

chocolate's, which looks like a big hunk of...less appetizing chocolate ice cream.

2 girls 1 sourceport

GhostlyDeath said:

Maybe some kind of strawberry of some sort.

Random moment of inspiration - what about a Cacoberry? (if it's not infringing on id's intellectual property)

So 5012 isn't a typo? 512x512 would make sense. 1024x1024 too. 2048x2048, sure, that too. If you want something huge, the power-of-two size would be 4096x4096, or 8192x8192, or 16384x16384, etc. 5012 pretty much comes nowhere in the picture.

Gez said:

So 5012 isn't a typo? 512x512 would make sense. 1024x1024 too. 2048x2048, sure, that too. If you want something huge, the power-of-two size would be 4096x4096, or 8192x8192, or 16384x16384, etc. 5012 pretty much comes nowhere in the picture.

Anything large size, or SVG. That way it can be scaled down and never scaled up (and if it's SVG it won't matter). This is so that the icon looks correct and not all blurred on systems that take very large icons (such as Vista+ or Mac OS X).

Aren't icon files limited, fixed-resolution bitmaps to begin with? AFAIK each OS handles them differently, and with its own formats e.g. Windows uses ICO files and embedded resources in .exes or .dlls, these can't be just any resolution and any image format. You can sort of plaster a random image file as a "folder logo" but that's not the same thing as an icon.

Let alone that it will be ridiculous if you end up with an icon that's larger in file size from the program itself.

GreyGhost said:

Random moment of inspiration - what about a Cacoberry? (if it's not infringing on id's intellectual property)

Ahaha, here are some (based on raspberries though, not strawberries, and it's not me who made them)

Here's a quick attempt + some variations. Any of them interesting enough?

And a juice box because Photoshop is amusing.