Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Z.Franz

Fake reloading

Hi all. I'm new in this forum. I would like to ask if it's possible to make a fake reloading sequence in legacy with DeHacked.
By fake reloading i mean showing one same blank frame after some shots...
For an example the shotgun would fire 8 shots and then would display the blank frame..and so on. Thanks in advance.

If it involves counting a specific number of shots between reloads I think you're going to need something more versatile than DeHacked.

Any sort of reloading whatsoever could probably be done in a wide variety of ports.

ZDoom, GZDoom and Skulltag all use the Decorate language, which is easily the most flexible I've used.

EDGE is somewhat less popular, but its DDF language is pretty easy to learn and has native support for reloading.

Eternity's EDF system...I've not used it myself but I recall it being powerful. (It'd really help if someone released an EDF demo wad or something.)

Doomsday and Risen3D(?) have DED - I have no idea how capable this language is, as last time I looked into it, it only supported minor things like replacing strings (this was many, many years ago).

Then there's Vavoom and its VavoomC language (presumably borrows a lot from QuakeC). It sounds really, really powerful, but if you want your mod to be played by anybody at all you'll probably choose something other than Vavoom. (Does anybody use this port these days?)

I think with dehacked or something similar you could do this kind of fake reloading...

Fire the weapon as long as you want.. fire button released, play a reload weapon animation. This is similar to what happens when you release fire with plasma gun.

Though, I think it would be annoying if you fired just one shot, then needed to fire another very soon, but had released fire button. Or possibly the weapon could be made "ready" during the reload animation, which would allow player to fire before the reload is complete. Of course then the animation could skip a lot.

For legacy, I believe you'd need to make two weapons and possibly swap between them. You cannot really change the weapon state at all.

Jimi said:

I think with dehacked or something similar you could do this kind of fake reloading...

Fire the weapon as long as you want.. fire button released, play a reload weapon animation. This is similar to what happens when you release fire with plasma gun.

Though, I think it would be annoying if you fired just one shot, then needed to fire another very soon, but had released fire button. Or possibly the weapon could be made "ready" during the reload animation, which would allow player to fire before the reload is complete. Of course then the animation could skip a lot.

I saw a wad with counter-strike guns using that concept. But that's not what i'm looking for. I would never use that, because you don't have ammo constriction, i mean you could fire 700 shots and then reload.