Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EmZee712

Glitchy Weapons - How do I fix?

So I'm busy working on my coop wad, Defiler, and I added different weapon sprites. I only replaced the weapon sprites, theres no script involved for the weapons themselves, and whenever I play the game and fire one it would leave an imprint of the 'standby' weapon sprite behind the fire.
I asked one of my friends how to fix it, but all he really told me was how it got started so it didn't help me much so I'm basically asking is how can I fix this?

Need to look at it yourself? Heres the wad:
http://www.wadhost.fathax.com/files/defiler-c-41.zip

When you were inserting the weapons, I'm sure you noticed that some of the weapon graphics were the muzzle flair only area of the weapon.

These are an additional series of graphics, the flash states, that are overlaid, full bright, over the main weapon graphic at specific points in the firing animation.

Most modern custom weapon don't use flash states. Hence, to use their graphics as sprite replacements for the original weapons, you will either have to replace the flash states for the original weapons with blank graphics or make suitable replacement's for the flash state graphics.

Of course, a little Decorate (ZDoom), Ded (Doomsday), EDF (Eternity) etc could remove the flash states, if your prepared to go into that sort of thing.

xhmmxc22x said:

although i dont know whats causing your problem, i can tell you on a totally different note that your bfg gets cut off when running forward, you can see where the sprite ends on the right.

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/screenshotdoom201007011.png/

Oh wow did not see that at all, thanks for pointing that out

Vermil: I see what your saying, and I would like to use DED, but I don't like using specific ports, do you happen to know a good program I can use to draw sprites?

EmZee712 said:

Oh wow did not see that at all, thanks for pointing that out

Vermil: I see what your saying, and I would like to use DED, but I don't like using specific ports, do you happen to know a good program I can use to draw sprites?

paint.

Well I probably shoulda said besides paint... I have bad experiences with paint, but unfortunately I don't think I have a choice

EmZee712 said:

Well I probably shoulda said besides paint... I have bad experiences with paint, but unfortunately I don't think I have a choice

Since its just simple sprite drawing, paint works well [assuming you have windows] but if you want something more powerful for some reason, GIMP is a great free open source program.