Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Subjects

What school/University/College/(other education) subject are you best at?
Or: What is your favorite subject?

This is an open poll without voting.

Math, definitely. I'm good at Civics/History too but I never do any work in that class so my grade isn't as good as it could be.

Computer Science and Software Engineering. I might jump into the Computer Game Design degree program that UTD is activating next term. Criminal Justice Studies as a minor.

Fuckin' a! I'm shitty with math too! But about the only language I know is HTML...and a kindergartener could do that.

Yes, a retarded kindergartener with no spelling skills and only one hand could do HTML. Of course, the outcome would probably resemble GeoCities.

DC

Computer Science is supposed to be more problem-solving than straight-up coding. At least at my school, CS is more problem-solving oriented, while Software Engineering is more programming-oriented. Telecom Engineering is the bastard child of CS and EE, and I have no fucking idea what kind of courses Computer Game Design is gonna entail. Three new degree programs in three years, whoo-ee.

Best? It's hard to say really. My grades kind of jump around in all the subjects between Cs and As depending on how much work I want to do. I'll say History though, I fail to see the challenge in that class at all.

Favorite? Well, heh, normally I enjoy English and it's related subjects the most but the Language Arts curriculum at the school I go to is pure shit. So History it is.

Computer Science at my school (a B.S. anyway) involves several programming courses, but also a few that have low-level scripting and such (Perl and the like) alongside a big wad of computer theory (my God, my God, why did you allow OS to be taught?). Unfortunately, since this is a "Liberal Arts" School, we have to take all kinds of Gen Eds. And fucking business classes. Business classes! Of all the...

DC

Really the only four things that can hold my interest in any way anymore are music, miniatures, role-playing games, and social interaction. But since it's nigh impossible to get a job involving any of those, my future looks bleak. And now it's too late to get some B.S. interest to make it look like I have a future.

I do have a little interest in current events, politics, religion and that sort of thing, but everyone hates me for my views, so I don't get involved that much. I would speak out more, but I always get my ass handed to me when I argue, no matter how much I've read up on the subject.

English.

What a coincidence! English is my fav subject too, 'cept that for me it's a subject teaching the students a foreign language whereas with you, I believe it teaches you stuff like grammar, how to interpret texts etc.

"Look, I only speak two languages: English and Bad English, alright?"

And I prefer Bad English. Especially right now, I have some particularly Bad English to say about the stupid server problem that's keeping me from getting online from my apartment. :|

Especially right now, I have some particularly Bad English to say about the stupid server problem that's keeping me from getting online from my apartment. :|

Yeah, I often have similar problems here. Sometimes it refuses to connect to Doomworld in particular, whereas I can still connect to *some* other pages, sometimes it simply doesn't go online for a while or suddenly disconnects, which is EXTREMELY annoying when I'm trying to make a post - I write a good long post, explaining things in detail, then I click the submit button, then it loads for an eternity where nothing happens and finally, I get a "This page cannot be found" error, grrrrrrrr!

Heh... Doesn't it just figure? My home 'net connection finally comes back up two hours before I'm due to leave for my spring break. At least I can check my flight...

As a rule, when I have an early flight, I do not even try to go to bed the night before. I've been up watching Pulp Fiction on DVD. And trying to get everything that needs to be packed, packed... I always overpack, and it always bites me in the ass. Maybe I should just move all this shit to my big suitcase, bite the bullet. :|

English.

What a coincidence! English is my fav subject too, 'cept that for me it's a subject teaching the students a foreign language whereas with you, I believe it teaches you stuff like grammar, how to interpret texts etc.

At degree level, we do English Literature.

This is;

Language and Meaning
Narrative and Verse
Authorship and Coding
The Self and The Other
Etc. Etc.

The course at my uni has the dubious distinction of never having been passed by anyone who didn't have English as their first language. It is THAT hardcore...

At degree level, we do English Literature.

This is;

Language and Meaning
Narrative and Verse
Authorship and Coding
The Self and The Other
Etc. Etc.

The course at my uni has the dubious distinction of never having been passed by anyone who didn't have English as their first language. It is THAT hardcore...

Pah, language skills aren't what counts in this stuff - I suck at doing this even in my own language! A foreigner could do this better than me.
No, I like English (the subject were we non-English speakers are taught how to speak the language itself) because I find it exiting to communicate in a language different than my native language - and then I happen to speak English fairly well :-)