Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DANZA

DOOM Rising 3.1 + Classic Patch [DOWNLOAD READY]

v3.1 RELEASE. Score/Stats system added (V.3, see features for details), a couple of MAJOR balance fixes and an optional "CLASSIC" Patch to play without any Heretic/Hexen like enemies. Download, and full changelog below >>>

FEATURES:

- A LOT OF NEW MONSTERS:
v3.1: Added optional "Classic" patch to play without any Heretic/Hexen like enemies.
All of them classified on different classes, with different chances of appearing based on their strenght or their nasty or not so nasty tactics. The monster sprites and base decorate are from different sources, more noticeable is the 667 Bestiary, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem and Blood. Of Course, it's not a nonsense mix... just the monsters wich look like belonging to the DOOM universe/context are included, it's not AoD.
Most of the monster sizes, life, damage, attacks and sometimes entire decorate have been modified to make sense into the place the monster has inside it's class branch. So, while there's a lot of new monsters with different attacks, it will still be DOOM and will still be "balanced" (once you become accustomed to it, it depends on the WAD you are playing to, Hell Revealed will really be Hell now).

- SCORE/STATS System:
v3 only
A simple but welcome addition to the slaughter. In your upper right corner you'll see from up to down: (the following stats are applied to the whole game or wad, not just the level)

PLAYERNAME: Well... it's your playername.
CRED: Credits. This is your total score. Each monster gives you a certain ammount of credits based on it's power, you'll see the credits you earn appear on the log (upper left corner) and get added to your total. If you gib/XDeath an enemy the credits earned will be doubled, also, if you kill a friendly npc you'll lose points (a lot) and like the monsters, if you gib them, you'll lose double credits.
KILL: The total number of kills.
ZOMB: Number of zombies you killed.
HELL: Number of hellspawn you killed.
BOSS: Number of bosses you killed.
CASU: Number of casualties/allied kills (not counted on total kills).

- ALLIES AND VICTIMS:
v3: UAC Sentry Bot added, killing a friendly npc decreases your score.
As in DOOM3, sometimes (don't count on it, it doesn't happen that much) you'll find surviving marines wich like you will fight against the hell hordes, of course, like in DOOM3, they'll not live to long, DOOM is a lone wolf experience and it should remain like that. Also, you may find people who are still alive, but don't save hope, their minds are shattered by the tortures of hell, they'll not listen to anyone, they just run... and run....

- DOOM3 WEAPONS in DOOM2 style:
v3: Shotgun and Supershotgun kickback increased, Fullscreen hud ammo counter slightly upgraded.
DOOM 3 arsenal +RoE Super Shotgun (Soul cube isn't included cause it sucks). Weapong shellcasting and reloading paradise a la DOOM2 style.

- NEW SOUNDS:
v3: Each item has it's own pickup sound
All the weapons, base monsters and some of the new monster sounds have been replaced with sounds from DOOM3, QUAKE4 (arachnotron and some new monster sounds), and QUAKE3 (some new monsters).

- NEW EFFECTS:
New gore effects (yes, nash gore **), improved fireballs, footsteps, breakable objects/props (DOOM enchanced), some enviroment sounds, visible player crouching and weapons, etc. FPS candy.

- NEW MAIN SCREEN MUSIC:
If the DOOM Rising wads are the last to load in your load order you'll hear new tunes for the DOOM1 and DOOM2 tittle, inter and message screens. Music comes from DOOM3 (main music theme), Classic DOOM3 mod for DOOM3, and Dark side of Phobos (message music).

- WAD COMPATIBILITY:
You can play DOOM Rising in all the DOOM games and all maps and megawads, only if those don't change the base monsters or weapons. I STRONGLY recommend you to play with OBLIGE if you are tired of the widely known megawads out there. OBLIGE generates good looking random maps wich are fun to play! If you use OBLIGE, i made a patch to get rid of the mood breaking OBLIGE banners in maps. See below.

SETUP:

- DOWNLOAD V3.1 + Classic Patch
(Classic Patch is optional. To use it, it must be loaded after the regular DOOM Rising wads)
READ THE CHANGELOG FOR DETAILS!!

3.0 to 3.1 changelog:
- Added optional "Classic" patch (DOOM Rising -classic.wad) to play without any Hexen/Heretic like enemies.
- Health potions now give 2 HP instead of 5.
- Shotgun ammo drops slightly reduced.
- Maulotaur erased from both Classic and Regular versions.
- UAC Sentry Bot now has 100 HP instead of 150.
- Destroying a Friendly Sentry Bot now decreases your score -100.
- Killing a Friendly Marine now decreases your score -500.
- Killing a Friendly Survivor now decreases your score -1000.

2.0 to 3.0 changelog:
- Fullscreen HUD ammo counter slightly upgrated.
- Score/stats system added (Fullscreen HUD only).
- Credits earned per kill are shown on the log.
- Killing a friendly npc will display a message on the center of the screen and decrease you score/cred.
- Keys are shown next to health and armor (Fullscreen HUD only).
- Friendly UAC Sentry Bot added using DOOM3 sounds and George Hamlin's UACBOT sprites.
- Almost all items now have it's own pickup sound from DOOM3.
- New teleport sound (DOOM3mp).
- Shotgun and Supershotgun kickback increased.
- Increased drops of Pistol and Shotgun ammo.
- Armor Helmets now give 5 armor points instead of 1.
- Health Potions now give 5 hp instead of 1.
- Berserk powerup now lasts 30 seconds instead of 20.
- A LOT of monster balance changes.
- Fixed bug preventing the player from using grenades.
- Added missing BRIGHT keywords to some monster states.
- Fixed "unknown script 998" bug.

1.07b to 2.0 changelog:
- DOOM3 SSG (2.5 styled as the rest of the weapons) added to complete the arsenal with fully functional reload and shellcasting using SNIPER 109 sprites.
- Regular Shotgun sounds corrected.
- Added custom PLAYPAL (Slight modifications).
- Huge update to the monster code. Monster properties revised one by one to be more fair with the player and to balance the overall gameplay experience.
- References to useless data into the code removed.

1.0 to 1.07b changelog:
- Hellkinght roster monsters properties modified to be more consistent
- BruiserDemon's ground flames attack removed
- Some minor fixes to the BloodZombie
- Zombie roster spawning chances modified to allow more variation
- Enjay's Cacomental added to the Cacodemon roster
- Hexen's Firedemon (Afrit) added to the imp roster (4th tier)
- Lava smoke effect replaced with the DOOM enhanced one
- FormerBerserker by Virtue added to the boss roster (2nd Tier)
- Hades Elemental now summons Watchers as his only attack
- Overlord now summons Watchers instead of Hades Spheres
- Idle monster sounds silenced (Chainsaw Zombie was really annoying)
- Spawning chance of melee zombies slightly raised
- Spawning chance of Chainsaw Zombie decreased
- Fat Zombie (Melee) added using Blood's BloatedButcher sprites
- Fixed Speed and Scale values of some monsters

- Only GZDOOM compatible!!! use the last SVN version.

- Doom Rising is divided in 3 wads wich are dependant on each other, they must be loaded in order and allways after your megawad or map files if you are using one. This is the I use Zdoom loader.

- If you play OBLIGE maps load THIS wad after the OBLIGE map wad to get rid of the OBLIGE banners.

- You can get OBLIGE RMG here!

Now Play!!

Credits:

Doom Enhanced: Kinsie
Nashgore: Nash
DOOM3 Weapons: KronoS
DOOM3 SSG Sprites: SNIPER 109
Blood Sprites: Monolith
Duke Nukem Sprites: 3D Realms
Hexen and Heretic Stuff: Raven Software
FormerBerserker: Virtue
LavaDemon: Virtue
Cacomental: Enjay
UAC Sentry Bot sprites: George Hamlin
DOOM3, QUAKE4 and QUAKE3 Sounds: Id Software, Raven Software
Music by: Id Software, Overclocked Remix and Sonic Clang

Realm 667 Monsters, you can see the credits for each one of them here.

There's a ton of stuff in here, so I will not point all of it now, but you should know that I'm not claiming authory over the sprites or the awesome decorate codes of some of the things in here. It's a mod made for fun and not for self godiffication (I don't know if that exists, just let me be), it's a kind of "deeper" classic doom experiece, if that is possible... it's fun to me and I hope it will be fun for you. :)

All the rights over the material and trademarks cited and used here are property of their respective authors.

These type wads are a dime a dozen. Despite how unremarkably lame they are they still seem to continue being made. Unfortunately this wad has a pretty good title that can't be used in a classic Doom megawad now :(

I must ask: how did you come up with the idea that 100 enemies of generic design are better than 18 fairly distinctive enemies? Perhaps you should study some game design, as basically any great game follows the path of "unique and easy to identify at a glance."

40oz said:

Unfortunately this wad has a pretty good title that can't be used in a classic Doom megawad now :(

Rising Doom, I've fixed that problem :p This is defintely not interesting me one bit, sorry.

The only "randomizer" I prefer to play nowadays is Scoredoom with the Add-on pack, and even then I say randomizer in quotes as the exact same monsters and powerups spawn every time a map is played.

Like Dutch Devil said, this one isn't interesting me either.

The screenshots alone look like a clusterfuck of monsters and weapons without any theme, coherence, or style. The various monsters have a dozen different styles, all of which clash badly with each other.

Also, no good WAD has the DooM movie logo as the TITLEPIC.

DANZA said:

As a lot of random spawners are making their way to the public, I'll introduce you to mine...

DANZA said:

DOOM was the first PC game I played and still playing. When I met this game it was love at first sight, loved the monsters, the weapons, the levels, the gore, all of it.

You have a funny way of showing it.

ler said:

I must ask: how did you come up with the idea that 100 enemies of generic design are better than 18 fairly distinctive enemies? Perhaps you should study some game design, as basically any great game follows the path of "unique and easy to identify at a glance."

This post wins the thread because it is full of win.

I prefer Super Jamie's.

40oz said:

Unfortunately this wad has a pretty good title that can't be used in a classic Doom megawad now :(

Maybe someone, somewhere can exercise some quality control and ensure it never gets upped onto the idgames archive?

Mr. Freeze said:

no good WAD has the DooM movie logo as the TITLEPIC.

Well, fuck. Maybe I should just scrub everything I've done in the last year... :/

scalliano said:

Well, fuck. Maybe I should just scrub everything I've done in the last year... :/

No, yours is actually good. There's always an exception to the rule.

scalliano said:

You have an edited logo. Therefore, your logo does not apply. You can chillax now.

The editing is even very good, the font is from Diablo?

I like it, though I got pwned on MAP01 thanks to running out of ammo due to tougher monsters. But this is still tons of fun. Lots of new things, but not so many you have no idea what any of it does (like AEOD). Those that say a bunch of new monsters similar to the standards is a waste must not like Hell Knights.

Nice work!

NT

Edit: uhm, I think there's something wrong with the keyconfig, unless I loaded the 3 wads wrong. I can't select any weapons except the fists and pistol after I pick 'em up!

NaturalTvventy said:
Edit: uhm, I think there's something wrong with the keyconfig, unless I loaded the 3 wads wrong. I can't select any weapons except the fists and pistol after I pick 'em up!

Thanks for your comments, ussualy you have to save ammo at the first level, sometimes the 2nd depending on the wad, but after that you'll have full pockets most of the time. Some old monsters that did not drop ammo before do now, like plasma clips from the arachnotron. And there is no issues with the actual KEYCONFIG, it should be a conflict with the wad you were using, it has custom weapons? if it does there is your problem.

By the way, new version is up with the SSG included and a lot of balance fixes. Hope you'll enjoy it.

Does it still have 100 monsters? If you could lower that to something not stupid that'd be great.

Well. I can certainly see what people are saying re the criticisms of this project, and frankly, they have a point.

But in spite of this, at the end of the day, I had loads of mindless, gory fun with this.

It is pretty tough too, on UV. Quite a challenge.

And thinking about this some more...

Anyone who a) loves Doom, and b)is actually prepared to spend so much time putting together a wad of this magnitude should be welcome here, not subjected to cheap trolly posts. It was a pretty shitty response to a weapons/monsters wad that is actually pretty fun for those of us who gave it a fighting chance..

The amount of work that went into this means that this DANZA guy would be a very useful guy to have around in this community. Yeah so not much of the actual artistic side of it is original, but different people have different skills, and should be free to use them. Also, not all of the monsters are off Realm667. There are a number of monsters that I have never seen before.

You don't have to love this mod, and fair enough, not everyone will, but some of you could at least have the courtesy to just leave it alone if you have nothing good to say. It's not that hard...

Apologies for the blunt post, I would just like to see less trolling towards people who are actually trying to contribute something to Doom. 's all I'm saying...

Keep up the good work Danza. I had fun with this anyways. :)