Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

FIFA World Cup 2010

I'm sure England won't win, on the other hand I think if we carry on playing with such aggression (as in goal attempts and counter-attacking, not stupid petulant tackles that should have seen Milner sent off) we should go far.

Deeforce said:

This match now is bad for me, because I don't know anything about Algeria and Slovenia.

two sub-par teams that capitalized on their qualification groups development. they were on their highest form and team spirit during the final parts of it, while the so-called stronger teams (czechs and poles for slovenia, egypt for algeria) wallowed in their miserable performances, bad player choices and mainly delusions everything was going to be okay. their mutual match just now was pitiful, the poorest one on the world cup so far. if they continue like this i don't see how england and usa could not go through no matter how many stupid mistakes they make.

I live in South Africa, and the buzz around the game here at home is great!! There are tons of awesome tourists here, I'm watching another match at the local church tonight. Apparently you can drink beer as well at church, score! Also, I'm moving to Cape Town in a few weeks to be with my bro, so when I'm there it's gonna be parties with tourists every night! :D

On a contrasting note though, the buzz around my father's factory is disturbing. Some of the workers are openly telling me that their friends (outside the factory) are planning on ways of mugging tourists. I hope nothing happens.

I don't get it. There's a huge media hype about the world cup in Finland, but everyone here knows that the world cup isn't worth shit for us. I can kind of understand the public interest in, lets say, ice hockey where our team has got at least some chances, but this? What the hell, why should anyone in here care?

Jodwin said:

I don't get it. There's a huge media hype about the world cup in Finland, but everyone here knows that the world cup isn't worth shit for us. I can kind of understand the public interest in, lets say, ice hockey where our team has got at least some chances, but this? What the hell, why should anyone in here care?

It's a huge international event, football is the "beautiful sport" etc. Sorry about your lack of nationalistic fervor.

In a way I'm glad that Finland never qualifies for the WC, makes the games more fun to watch.

I hope our country will do good tomorrow, Denmark should be a push over for the orange legion :p

I enjoyed watching Germany vs Australia, Germany is good.

Deeforce said:

Maybe this or England will become world cup winner, we cannot say whether they will win, but of course we stay tuned! :-)

Now it looks like germany is going to win the world cup, they played really good! Hopefully England won't look that bad, when playing vs. Germany :-/ . [4:0]

Ack that was a painful game to watch and I got up at 4am in the morning just to watch the bloody game. Germany played well but Australia made them look better than they played. The Australian side should've been organised better (they have potential), and that effing ref!! Cahill red-carded for what should've been a yellow card offense. Ridiculous.

EDIT: At least Hewitt beat Federer. Something good for a change.

I'm going for Chile all the way (mainly, because i'm chilean, but also because the players are some of the best to ever born on this fine country). It's a pity that we will likely clasify as seconds and face Brazil on the second phase, but you never know.
So far, the best matches have been England-USA and Germany-Australia. I'm looking forward seeing the clockwork orange tomorrow. Sadly, that means that i'm gonna have to wake up around 7:30 in the morning :(

I'm quite enjoying the World Cup so far. I'm not panicking about England - USA will probably drop points and we will hopefully avoid any more suicidal errors in the last two games to finish the group on 7 points.

Some people seem to want to write England off but opening matches are notoriously cagey (unless you're German) and conceding a goal at the time and in the manner that we did would have likely cost any of the top seeded teams two points.

Why can't I watch the World Cup for free on my computer and have it be paid for by advertising?

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMgDdi2Ggnw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie4-ppnsx20
http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100614090753AAORfNm

Also

Hellbent said:

Why can't I watch the World Cup for free on my computer and have it be paid for by advertising?

AFAIK Americans can watch ESPN, Canadians can watch CBC, and Brits can use the BBC.

There are other ways you can watch it online, but they're not legitimate.

Scet said:

AFAIK Americans can watch ESPN, Canadians can watch CBC, and Brits can use the BBC.

There are other ways you can watch it online, but they're not legitimate.

Yeah, you can use streamtorrent, it's a P2P tv broadcasting system. for the links, i can recommend http://rojadirecta.com/

Catoptromancy said:

ESPN3online streams for free.

If you have a major ISP you can watch it for free. I have a local one which isn't affiliated with ESPN 3.

Hellbent said:

This one... but you really don't have a TV? It just costs 400 dollars and you need a TV cable. That's it. Also: there are 50 channels, so it really was useless that I showed the link to you, because you also will find other things on TV that would interest you like the quiz programs. (TV for 430 dollars)

Italy is just bad, really, really bad [much worse than South Africa]. But at least they have fun :-). Weird that they were football world cup winner last time.

Deeforce said:

This one... but you really don't have a TV? It just costs 400 dollars and you need a TV cable.

I love how you say that it just costs $400. That's not exactly spare change, especially when you consider the fact most TV is shit.

Aliotroph? said:

I want North Korea to win, just because the idea is so very, very wrong.

Yes, because of this! But of course it is really right that USA is in the fifa, because they are the good and great world police. The ones who are against the USA just don't like freedom. I hope the football team of the USA doesn't play bad against Slovenia.

What are the rules on posting stream links here? I know of a few good sites, but don't want to end up in post hell. Technically it is copyright infringement.

Hm... I'm an alien, so I don't know what "stream links" means. Please explain, thx. Do you mean websites with commercials?

People with TV tuners will "stream" their television signal. You see whatever ads they do.

I think I know what you mean. There exists these "live webcams", where you can see naked women, but you mean an average consumer I think, who shows Coca Cola there... You should know that people could do anything there... like chatroulette. I still don't know how to use it while having no webcam, because I want to use it without an own webcam :-P!

Aliotroph? said:

I want North Korea to win, just because the idea is so very, very wrong.

Heh

Looks like France is really dropping the ball this world cup (Mexico v. France is on, 65' goal from Mexico making it 1-0)

Kirby said:

Looks like France is really dropping the ball this world cup (Mexico v. France is on, 65' goal from Mexico making it 1-0)

bahaha.. abidal is working his hardest to make domenech the most hated man in france. not that he isn't already. also: france deserves this 100%. never forget ireland.

Ah yeah but the hooligan's favourite is playing Algeria tomorrow... something I may take some interest in as for some reason watching the World Cup always becomes interesting for me, unlike other football games.

So far the competition seems fairly closed, with only a couple of teams showing any real dominance in any of their games (Germany mostly but one or two others as well).