Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Deeforce

Where can I buy such a similar toy electric car?

I have this electric car of 4 centimeters in length, where you need to put in a small battery that is still available in electric shops of today. When clicking on the button the lights of the front and of the back goes on, amazing! Here are the pictures:

Please help: where can I buy a similar electric toy car or where can I buy the same toy car?

Those are definitely Hotwheels.

I'm not familiar with the battery operated line but I don't think you can get those anymore. Late 90's? Can you see a date?

Actually the date might be wrong as those are from old castings.

EDIT:Your examples reminded me alot of the the old Sizzler line of Hotwheels that Mattel had out back in the 70's.

In 1977 Mattel added switchable lights to their Night Ridin' Sizzlers. You could look for those. Your cars don't appear to be from this line, though.

Hotwheels has made several promotional deals with various companies (McDonald's, Toys R Us, etc.) so your cars may have come exclusive to that.

You can get slightly larger, fully RC controlled electric cars. This car reminds me those Micromachines "Mini size" (they also made two smaller sizes).

I have an F1 car that is the size of a normal Matchbox 1:76 toy car, yet is fully RC with forward/reverse and full left/right steering. It has an onboard small 1.2V NiMH cell (maybe 100mAh or somesuch) and you charge it directly from your remote control. Pretty impressive considering my first Nikko RC car (a buggy) only had one channel: full forward and reverse (it could only steer while in reverse).

What country are you in , Deeforce, and how did you acquire those?

Oh yeah those micromachines were great. My little brother was into those while I was more into the Hotwheels.

I'd kill to have a bad-ass RC helicopter. Gotta 'justify' it into the budget somehow. ;)

bytor said:

What country are you in , Deeforce, and how did you acquire those?

I live in Germany and I got the cars with chocolate from my parents. Maybe they had a friend that went to Malaysia and bought these cars and then I got them :-P!

Deeforce said:

I live in Germany and I got the cars with chocolate from my parents.

Packaged together? If so, can you remember the brand of chocolate?

Has it been close to ten years ago? The style of wheels would suggest 90's or maybe early 2000's.

EDIT: I'm starting to question whether those are legit Hotwheels or some knock-off. Can't find anything about a micromachine-sized Hotwheel. That logo on the battery cover...does it say "Hotwheels"? The shape of it would suggest so. The wheels bother me, too.

Deeforce said:

Please help: where can I buy a similar electric toy car or where can I buy the same toy car?

ebay.

I think it's micro machines. The size fits, and I remember having a micro machines van with similar light-up headlights when you pressed down on it.

A relevant search.

I don't think so. Micro Machines were a lot smaller than 4 cm, and the light-up ones (of which I had some) did not have a battery that was as easily accessible as the picture shows. The bottom of the cars also looks like metal - I believe MMs were all plastic other than the axles.

EDIT: Well, maybe not.

4cm is about the right size, but I think you may be right about the metal thing.

There are clues that say these are Hotwheels. Notice the method of attaching the body to the frame at the back of the car (inversed on Deeforce's car) along with the rivet, the "M.I." (Mattel Inc.), and "Malaysia". There's also the logo. The inset in the second picture shows the logo on a Hotwheels car with a plastic base for comparison to the battery cover on Deeforce's car.

EDIT: removed links
I couldn't find any references to a Micromachine-sized/battery operated Hotwheels. I'm guessing they came from an exclusive promotional deal or ...something. Might be worth something? (((shrug)))