Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Chapel of Chaos - A collaborative effort

Myself and Jodwin have worked together to create a hell style chapel map, so here it is below..

Warp to MAP21 to play this level.

Note: Requires Boom compatible at minimum!

Download here

Good map, a bit long to play with no saves though. FDA, get pretty close to the end on the third 20min+ round, but get cornered by mancs. Yes, cornered by mancs -.- I think I figured out how to get the bfg, but I doubt I'll try recording again so I can save. So now I wait for the TL;DW comments ;P

tl;dw :P I have been using -recordfromto and -skipsec a bit lately. Cohesive demos AND quasi-savegame functionality.

I found it a pain in the ass to figure out:

Record your first demo.

doom2 -file X -warp X -record ab1

Die at 330 seconds. Record to a second file, give yourself 30 seconds to pick a good point to rejoin. You'll see a black screen while it steps through the demo in the background, then starts playing from 300 seconds. Press rejoin to take over (configure the rejoin key in PrB+ settings, I use `).

doom2 -file X -recordfromto ab1 ab2 -skipsec 300

Die at 550 seconds. Repeat with new demo file.

doom2 -file X -recordfromto ab2 ab3 -skipsec 520

Completion. Watch one seamless demo with no deaths.

doom2 -file X -playdemo ab3

I rename mine as I go, to show my deaths for playtesting purposes. sj1-0-330, sj2-300-550, sj3-520-x, etc.

Sorry for the thread hijack :/

I am guessing most of you are dying at the final confrontation near the very end of the map? That was Jodwin's creation, same with the BFG/Soulsphere secret even which I have not opened before.

Tricky but doable after the first wave as you can use monster infighting once you cap the arch-viles.

Yes. Getting the soulsphere/BFG is the only way to survive. While in the process of obtaining them save often and use your automap ! Excellent pwad. :)

hawkwind said:

Yes. Getting the soulsphere/BFG is the only way to survive.

Better yet, if it's too hard play HMP. ;) It is possible without the secret (-skipsec 960 to skip to the manc/av fight). In that demo I get the BFG after taking out the arachs, so if you don't want to be spoiled quit before that.

hawkwind said:

Yes. Getting the soulsphere/BFG is the only way to survive.

I did it without the BFG, mostly because I couldn't figure out the secret. It did take me saves tho.