Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Its a shot from ABFM (Another Brown Fucking Map) due to be released at a later time.

Patrick said:

Its a shot from ABFM (Another Brown Fucking Map) due to be released at a later time.

Well thats a bummer but still looks great to me.

Yeah it is. It's a 'main' room. It's in the very center of the map.

His lack of text accompanying these screenshots would seem to indicate that he wants to divulge as little information on this project as possible. ;)

That said, I REALLY want it to be UAC Ultra 2. XP (And I believe it to be so, due to the darkened glove on the shotty in that screenshot. :D)

It has been for a while. Unfortunately symmetrical rooms are the easiest for me to detail. I'm trying to steer away from symmetrical mapping but I'm pretty bad at it. The best thing I can do is attach small symmetrical rooms together in a non-symetrical layout, and/or have the player enter the symmetrical room from a weird angle so that it doesn't appear symmetrical. I did that a few times in the map I made for InsanityBringer

Yeah, I'm trying to learn to do more asymmetrical, organic stuff myself. It's hard sometimes.

Speaking of, I haven't posted in here in a while. Fruit of my labors last night and tonight:

scalliano said:

Since when is symmetry a bad thing?

Since when is symmetry a bad thing? ?gniht dab a yrtemmys si nehw ecniS

Also more great screenies in the last page or so.

Also, those very UAC Ultra-ish screenies had better be for a UAC Ultra sequel. U CANT DISSAPOINT DA FANZ!!1!!!!111!

I'm seeing some beautiful work going on in many of these shots people are posting. Inspirational, even for those of us more accustomed to working with more modern platforms.

I was rather pleased with how this little hallway turned out.

@Nomad that red coloured lighting for the skylight is looking a bit harsh to me. Maybe turn it down or notch or try adding more orange?

I've not used any colored lighting at all in this map except to color some deep-water lava... >.>

Also, I've messed with the brightness and contrast of the pictures so they do look a little washed out. It looks better in game.

Ok. Red carpet is red. I think its the overall colour scheme of that scene on the whole, making the deep red of the carpet the dominate focus of the room. Using a more muted colour should emphasize your ceiling/sky instead.

Meh, I like it how it is :P

Don't forget to use light transfers to get rid of the ring around the top of that ceiling lamp.

Yeah, also part of the reason the ring around the lamp is so prominent is because I copy-pasted it from elsewhere and forgot to change the ceiling texture of that part. I didn't notice that little flub until after I looked at the screenshot a little while ago! ;D

Also @Dani: Why would I want people focusing on the ceiling?

I like the red carpet effect. Very ominous.

@Nomad there isn't much of interest on the floor, thats all. I do like it though.

UAC Ultra-tex is a bit too gritty and dark for my teastes, but great shots anyway!

Really interesting shot, Khorus!

Looking good 40oz! I always thought those textures had a very Doom 64 feel to them, which I really appreciate.

Nice stuff as well Khorus :)