Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EmZee712

Best Looking Weapons

This is a question to go out to anyone who might have a good answer: What weapon or weapon wad is your favorite? Feel free to use Screenshots if you want

My personal favorite has always been Immoral Conduct - Dehacked version since I don't have Boom

Zero Tolerance for ZDoom, by an absolute longshot. This is a mod that has the smoothest animations, the best selection of guns and graphics, and the most awesome particle special effects I've seen in anything Doom (yes, even beating Doomsday's particle system). It is a mod which demands to be played, and in my opinion, the only mod thus far to have beaten Immoral Conduct for EDGE.

WildWeasel said:

Zero Tolerance for ZDoom, by an absolute longshot. This is a mod that has the smoothest animations, the best selection of guns and graphics, and the most awesome particle special effects I've seen in anything Doom (yes, even beating Doomsday's particle system). It is a mod which demands to be played, and in my opinion, the only mod thus far to have beaten Immoral Conduct for EDGE.

You're just biased. :V

PerKristians smoother weapon animations is pretty good too.

WildWeasel said:

...and graphics, and the most awesome particle special effects I've seen in anything Doom (yes, even beating Doomsday's particle system)...

Well, yes, there are things that one can do easier with controllable sprite spawning that would require more effort to achieve with Doomsday's particle system. But there are also things that can be done easier with Doomsday's particle system than with controllable sprite spawning.

Kyka said:

if there was any weapon wad that doesn't completely rewrite how doom is played it's this one.

Vermil said:

Well, yes, there are things that one can do easier with controllable sprite spawning that would require more effort to achieve with Doomsday's particle system. But there are also things that can be done easier with Doomsday's particle system than with controllable sprite spawning.

My point is more along the lines that I haven't seen this sort of stuff done with Doomsday's particles yet. (I'd love to see Solarsnowfall's fire effects in Doomsday...)

Psychic's weapons, with the possible exception of the grenade launcher, all look and feel beyond awesome.

WildWeasel said:

My point is more along the lines that I haven't seen this sort of stuff done with Doomsday's particles yet. (I'd love to see Solarsnowfall's fire effects in Doomsday...)

Sadly I must agree with you. There is a lot of untapped potential there, including model particles (Q3-like gibs anyone?).

Graf Zahl said:

Are you really expecting an intelligent response from Deeforce? :P

@mods: please give me time to speak. I need a little while to answer...

- The Jackbomb from AEoD (not the Alice version). Throw one down and watch as the enemies flock to it and listen to the lovely music. Then...BOOM!

Kyka said:

This is my personal favorite too. I use the zdoom compatable version.

Just wish I could get the shell casing effects from beautiful doom to work with it. Just the chell casings. The alternate fire modes for the ssg and chaingun would be cool too.

Also wish I could get the psx hud to work with them too.

Still my favorite since I prefer the original weapons and this one just makes them look better.

Here we go:

I'm one of the persons, who could create such a blood mod like Counter Strike Source -=[ Bloodline ]=- First Blood !! by OndyTHX - HD, but I'm not OndyTHX. I just thought it would be funny to have some more red virtual blood in Doom like in the cs:s blood mod. I explicitly distance myself from violent acts in real life. I support the US military, but I didn't mean to bring these blood mods in the connection of reality in any way! Also: the game "America's Army" is ingame mod just a game for me, but of course you can inform yourself about real soldiers there. The game isn't meant to kill good persons, but terrorists that are responsible for the 9/11 attacks. I myself see the ingame (the game itself) just as a video game and not as a recruitment video game, but as I said: there are text files about the real US military in it. In it I see the recruitment program!

Deeforce said:

I explicitly distance myself from violent acts in real life.

I support the US military

Here we have 2 statements that are contradictory to each other. If you support the US military you implicitly support the acts of violence they commit.

I quite like SMWG: Adamantium Rage as compiled by phi108. The weapons are smooth and the sounds are nice. They are also fresh enough to breathe life into some old WADs but not so odd as to stand out in a bad light in the DooM universe. I just ran through Evilution with this pack and thoroughly enjoyed myself. :)

Graf Zahl said:

Here we have 2 statements that are contradictory to each other. If you support the US military you implicitly support the acts of violence they commit.

"distance" and "support" are not mutually exclusive