Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Csonicgo

idgames maps sabotaged?

I was trying to play a certain ToD map ( http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15880 ) and when I got it, it was not the right filesize. figuring Firefox failed with the download, I tried to use chrome and wget. still no go, the thing was a damned 7KB instead of 5000+ KB as intended. So I play the map and, it's some ridiculous atrocity, as if someone sabotaged the maps. Has anyone else noticed this? Do we have a saboteur on our hands?

lols, yeah TimeOfBaby replaced all of his maps because of the negative ratings and comments they received. He thought he deserved praise or something for the maps and the testing and demos he did for all his maps. What a maroon lols.

Yeah, like Jodwin said, you can go to http://doomedsda.us for all the maps that aren't on /idgames. They're also HERE in my doom folder, but the ones at /idgames and doomedsda.us are more "finalized" in the sense that they have all the demos included in the zip.

Edit: btw, those replacement maps are possible with rocket jumping

TimeOfDeath said:

lols, yeah TimeOfBaby replaced all of his maps because of the negative ratings and comments they received.

Yeah, don't do that again ya big poop.

TimeOfDeath said:

Edit: btw, those replacement maps are possible with rocket jumping

Yeah, they're possible with noclip, too.

Demo, please.

Demo (ZDoom 2.4.1)

ZDoom keeps freezing and unfreezing for split seconds during the first few seconds of recording, so it's almost impossible to do it first try.

Don't worry, I also test my garbage replacement maps!

Maybe someone should create a new doomworld.com/Gamers.org rule? Not trolling on the idgames archive in the sense of releasing wads and mods [not the commentaries] and if there is a wad one time, then it will stay there, even if the author is against it [only of course, when the new wad is not an enhancement!<<< this is not relative]... question mark.

Uploaded maps should not be replaced with junk as an "update". What kind of moron would destroy his own maps?

Mr. Chris said:
What kind of moron would destroy his own maps?

He didn't destroy them: As noted earlier, they are hosted elsewhere. In any case, if an author wants to take down his maps for any reason, Ty will remove them. It doesn't matter if other people think "they will be lost". Copyright means the maps "belong" to the author, not the users.

Yeah, my doom folder is my main upload place and I don't delete files from there. If my maps and demos were destroyed and lost forever, I'd probably jump off a cliff or something lols, because doom is life. I just removed the maps from /idgames because of the ratings/comments because I'm a baby pussy :D But I do love /idgames, just to be clear.

TimeOfDeath said:

Yeah, my doom folder is my main upload place and I don't delete files from there. If my maps and demos were destroyed and lost forever, I'd probably jump off a cliff or something lols, because doom is life. I just removed the maps from /idgames because of the ratings/comments because I'm a baby pussy :D But I do love /idgames, just to be clear.

Heh, someone can't take criticism yet loves the archives? Kinda fair if you ask me..a few of my own have low ratings but I'm not ripping them down.