Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Clonehunter

Stop the burns!

Well, really, I just want to know if its possible to not have the demon bodies burn away, and stick around like every one else (Until you blast them enough times of course). IS thier any way to do that? After whipping out an Imp with just a pistol vs claws and I make it out alive with 1% health, I would really like to see the mothefucker which I just sent back to hell, and then shhot him till he gibs like a zombie (Or just burn away like before.)

The def files can be found in the pak000.pk4 file iirc. PakExplorer may be able to open these. Winzip too if my memory serves.

Each monster has it´s own .def file, so you can modify the burnaway times individually. For my personal small mod I left the burnaway time unchanged for the flying monsters (because a firey instant death fits them well), but set the burnaway for Imps and the other demons to 6.00, so the corpses stay for a while and then ignite after a time, as if the hellish substance couldn´t last any longer in the material realm.

Tetzlaff said:

but set the burnaway for Imps and the other demons to 6.00, so the corpses stay for a while and then ignite after a time, as if the hellish substance couldn´t last any longer in the material realm.

Some creepyness opportunities were just missed by id when making Doom 3. As if they couldn't decide whether to make a FPS or sensationalist game.

Tetzlaff said:

Each monster has it´s own .def file, so you can modify the burnaway times individually. For my personal small mod I left the burnaway time unchanged for the flying monsters (because a firey instant death fits them well), but set the burnaway for Imps and the other demons to 6.00, so the corpses stay for a while and then ignite after a time, as if the hellish substance couldn´t last any longer in the material realm.

Ah, so its all individual. Got it. I toguht it was just like one file which controls all. Not a single burn.def like I thought there would be lol.