Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Deeforce

Space: Above And Beyond

My brothers used to watch Earth 2 and Space: Above and Beyond every week. They both only lasted for one season, right? I remember Earth 2 much better -- I was pretty young for S:AaB and the aliens often scared me out of the room.

I remember when that show was on. Never seemed that interesting to me, what with Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9 on TV in the same era.

I remember when Earth 2 was on the TV. I also remember it being shit, but I was also like 9 and wasn't really interested in the first place.

Man that theme song brings back memories... The show wasn't that great, although I was too young to really care back then. The whole premise is rather idiotic - why would highly trained fighter pilots double as infantry? Still, I remember some of the episodes were pretty cool. One plot line that sticks out was a planet with extremely high losses. After a near disaster, the squad found out that the planet didn't even have any aliens - there was just some mind control device that made people gradually paranoid and attack each other. You didn't see much of the aliens, which made them somewhat menacing. I think it may have gone two seasons.

I thought Earth 2 was staggeringly boring.

I liked SeaQuest back then, although Sci-Fi had a marathon of the series a while back and I caught some of them - not a good show.

If someone gave me a box set of all of them I would probably watch all of the above for nostalgia reasons, though :)

That brings back memories. I liked the show even if it wasn't all that great, though I didn't like the way they wrapped up the series with most of the squad either dead or MIA.

Watched it. Felt like a low-budget knockoff of the Battlestar Galactica remake made before it came out. It had a few good parts, but I'd rather watch reruns of Star Trek (any Star Trek).

Really loved Space above and beyond when it ran in Sweden. Quite enjoyed Earth2 as well. Never been a fan of Battlestar galactica or Star trek for that matter (They're fucking gay).

Anyway. Rewatched it a last year and I think it still is a good show. Some of the 3d isn't top class, but it's an old show and I don't really care about that. Sometimes the acting isn't great but for the most part it's keeping solid. Like the characters and the world. Also like how it ended since I presume they were ended forcefully.

I got a feeling that Firefly was inspired by the show. At least with how it ended.

I remember Earth 2. I remember my dad calling it a soap opera in space. I wonder if I can find a copy and see if I agree with him.

I vaguely remember Above and Beyond, but i remember thinking it had too much talking and not enough shooting. Also the space battles weren't all that good and one time an escape pod flew through the atmosphere of a planet without any heat... also the atmosphere was like a clearly defined line of "this is space, this is atmosphere".

Now Space Precinct on the other hand, THAT was a show!

Strangely enough, a friend was talking to me about this series just the other day. He loved it but I had no recollection of it at all.