Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Killing Time weapons

Hope I put this in the right sub-forum. I started a Killing Time fan site a while back and just posted a download for the weapon graphics. I ripped 'em with the help of MS Paint and the FreeDO emulator.

They haven't been converted to the Doom palette -- as it stands, they're a much smaller resolution than Doom's weapon graphics (the "smallres" folder contains the normal sized frames). I'm sharing them in the hopes that someone might want to use them as the base for a new weapon resource: I think everyone would agree it's nice to see new weapon sets now and then instead of the same ones being borrowed from other mods over and over.

http://sites.google.com/site/conwayestate/home/kitchen

Interesting -- I never knew the 3D0 version had different weapon graphics than the PC version, although never playing the former probably has a lot to do with that.

Nice set. Some of these look like they might be really useful with some slight touching up (pistol especially).

the hand on that revolver looks pretty useful.

The PC/Mac remake was VERY different from the 3DO original. I've got a video comparison on the site in the Parlor.

I'd have ripped the remake's weapons too, except when I take screenshots of that one they come out in 8 colors....

Impie said:

The PC/Mac remake was VERY different from the 3DO original. I've got a video comparison on the site in the Parlor.

I'd have ripped the remake's weapons too, except when I take screenshots of that one they come out in 8 colors....

I find that Fraps can actually capture video of the Windows version - just take video of it, open the output in Virtualdub and save it as individual frames. Then if you're using a file browser that shows thumbnails of BMP files, you'll easily be able to tell redundant frames.

This is a very good resource. It's a shame there's no way to get the enemies or textures with this method.

Killing Time is still one of my favorite games. It had great music, atmosphere, and some really unique enemies, although the levels themselves were really nothing more then mazes with bad wallpaper. But despite its flaws, I'll still always enjoy wandering around that mansion, watching the ghost movies, and fighting those strange enemies.

Its good to see that others have an interest in this classic game too. I wish there was a way to view all of the game resources, but this is one nice way of seeing those old weapons again.

Good luck, and tickle, tickle!

I'm sure there's a way to extract the resources if someone really went at it. I believe the PC version's resources are in a .rez file.