Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Auto-align textures in doombuilder2

Hi,

I find the auto-align of textures that doombuilder2 institutes whenever two of the same textures are next to each other (or however it does it) really, really annoying. i spend half my editing zeroing out alignments I don't want. is there any way to turn it off? and is there any other way to auto-align x and y textures in doombuilder2 besides going into visual mode? not much a fan of that mode either.

Thanks in advance.

NT

NaturalTvventy said:

I find the auto-align of textures that doombuilder2 institutes whenever two of the same textures are next to each other (or however it does it) really, really annoying. i spend half my editing zeroing out alignments I don't want. is there any way to turn it off?

Uhm, just don't press the button?

NaturalTvventy said:

and is there any other way to auto-align x and y textures in doombuilder2 besides going into visual mode?

Type the texture coordinates in the offset fields of the sidedef properties (right-click a line in linedefs mode).

NaturalTvventy said:

not much a fan of that mode either.

You are so 2001 :P

Pretty sure he means the auto alignment when you take a linedef and split it with the same texture

Bucket said:

Resetting texture coordinates is a single key press. No biggie.

In DB2 it's two keys; Shift+R

yea it looks like the auto-align happens when i split a line. kind'a annoying if you ask me! thanks for the shift+r. i miss DETH's auto-align feature. select lines, then select align x or y in the menu. alas, my level has become too big for DETH. 2001 indeed. maybe even 1997.
NT

Yeah this has been frustrating me too, I've been using DB2 to touch up a level recently, and rather align textures by hand. But the editor has such high levels of Awesome, that this frustration is easily worth my trouble.

Yea don't get me wrong, I'm hugely impressed with DB2. It's generally really smart at understanding what I want to do. But the alignment option just seems like quite the devolution. With good ol' DETH it was two steps, select lines in order and then go to the menu and select align textures. With DB2 it's many more. first you place the visual mode start location. then you hit w for visual mode. then you try to navigate the little avatar around so you can select all of the lines, which may be in hard-to-reach places depending on your level set up. then you click align, and then back out of visual mode again. texture alignment's a big part of editing, so this this old quick.

NT

Doom Builder 2 has no 2d mode auto aligner? Doom Builder 1 has, but not without an extra dialog box asking you something, that could well not exist.

Is there a way to auto-align all wall textures in a sector with DB2? I have a large, irregular open area lined with redrock and it's a real bitch to align, especially the walls lining stairs. Even tapping "A" in visual mode leaves the alignment less than perfect.

I find you gotta align the Y by hand, but with visual mode it's not too rough. "A" in visual mode works perfect for the X alignment, though I wish it would do it for different textures personally, instead of only if it's all the same texture.

NT

There's also a key for vertical alignment. Just look in the option menu where you can reconfigure the keys.