Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I haven't tried the mod, but looking at the screenshots, it seems fairly standard stuff you'd expect out of FPS creator, not very Doomish, and on a port that isn't played much. Basically, I'm not even asking myself if I should play this, I already know it won't appeal to me.

This isn't me saying anything about quality, it could be great for all I know, but I'm not the target audience and I suppose enough people might feel the same way, explaining the lack of answers so far.

I would've reviewed it a long time ago if it weren't for the limit of 2 reviews in an unknown period of time. (that setup is way too inflexible IMO, it needs sorting)

Not really sure I like it very much. While it looks nice in screenshots, the weapon animations are pretty terrible, weapon damage seems too low, and I found it rather hard to tell where the enemies were shooting me from, which is a huge annoyance when they can do so much damage to you in such a short amount of time.

Also, I had to manually fix the DDFLANG lump to even get it to run in EDGE 1.34, as there are some garbage characters at the beginning of the file that make EDGE spit out errors.

This in mind, do you really want me to review this? I could go on in further detail.

You've posted this at the Edge forums. The blood sprites still aren't landing on the ground, that could be Freedoom's fault- not yours.
I haven't gotten any error messages but I haven't completed the first level either. I don't know how much desire there is for near-reality or super-reality mods around here. There are those who swear by them, I've never been able to get into the genre. If you'd chosen a port with networking perhaps this might develop some interest but it's all single player. On a technical note, an over reliance on Md2 models doesn't help matters, as edge only partially supports Md2. I suffered some pretty low fps. In fairness, I'm using an old geforce fx 5200.

Quick update: Just tried to run it in Edge 1.31 so we could see if there was a speed up in software mode. Got "this version of edge cannot handle an rts error in something lump" or close to that.

You have to use Edge 1.34 to run CQB. Simple as that. Not sure why some people are complaining about a bug with the DDFLANG file as in my testing I get absolutely no errors