Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nomad

Choosing the right e-Reader for you! [misplaced in Demos forum]

In the spirit of this subforum, I skimmed through the article in thirteen seconds, and then went through it all over again and read everything (including ads and stuff on the side columns).

Phml said:

(including ads and stuff on the side columns).

i have yet to look at the article, but ad behaviour is browser dependant and they shouldn't count towards max read imo. of course we'd need adamh ruling for definite answer.

Well, in vanilla browsing you get ads so I think it makes sense to include ads in max reads. Advanced browsers are a different beast altogether and using one should be mentioned in the associated textfile, if you ask me.

I just did pacifist in like couple seconds, no words read. Apparently I didn't get it on demo though.

I just thought I'd let you guys know, it's possible to rocket jump over the Doom novel, but it requires insane timing, so good luck.

I might as well leave this in the demos forum, as it has been seized upon for demo-related gentle humour. If you think it is important enough to deserve a thread in the correct forum, I suggest a new thread.

Anyway, wouldn't vanilla browsing be something like Mosaic? If anyone still has that installed, they could test how the site behaves using that, and see what settings are required for modern browsers to stay in sync.

I did it keyboard only by pressing tab until the link was highlighted, then enter, then down to scroll, then alt+left.

I failed an attempt to do a Reality run. That big picture before the Tips room is hard to avoid.

Grazza said:

I might as well leave this in the demos forum, as it has been seized upon for demo-related gentle humour. If you think it is important enough to deserve a thread in the correct forum, I suggest a new thread.

Anyway, wouldn't vanilla browsing be something like Mosaic? If anyone still has that installed, they could test how the site behaves using that, and see what settings are required for modern browsers to stay in sync.

Vanilla browsing would probably be more like Lynx, actually.

Also, oh wow how did this thread even happen.