Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gemini09

Marvel vs Capcom 3

I was skeptical about this game at first, but the more the see, the more I'm beginning to love it! Capcom is really going out of their way to do a great job on this game, and it looks like it's paying off. It's far from being done, and it already looks great and like it'd be a blast to play. If it's half as good as MvC2, it should be a great game.

Capcom is really making their best efforts with their fighting games these days.

I hope it can be enjoyed casually as well! I know you're a tourney-player from seeing your name on the SRK website, Carnevil.

Either way, I'm looking forward to kicking ass (or just throwing kicks around) in this game, because it looks absolutely stunning.

seems fun. I hope that Jill Valentine makes a return, she was an incredibly fun character to use in MvC 2

Dante, bitch!

Yeah, I might actually get this one even though I generally don't give a rat's posterior about fighting games.

Doom's voice so far has me a little down. It's just not as... intimidating as MvC2's voicing for the character.

For any unfamiliar:

He's possibly my favorite from their entire series. Good memories of him + War Machine in LAN Mugen fights =]

AveryMaurice said:

Doesn't look that interesting to me since it lacks the 2D arcade style I liked about the old games.

Really? The models still have enough contrast to look cel-shaded and the actual gameplay looks very 2D as well compared to a lot of fighting remakes such as Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

I will try it, I just prefer the 2D style in fighting games, like the old MK and MVC2. I'm sure it will be a good game though.

EDIT: They better put Frank West in this game or I will raaaaaaaage.

40oz said:

Really? The models still have enough contrast to look cel-shaded and the actual gameplay looks very 2D as well compared to a lot of fighting remakes such as Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

I wouldn't mind a SF4 game with art direction more in line with MVC3.

That said, SF4 still looks brilliant.

And I dig that Gouken character...

I just recently bought 2 hori 3 arcade sticks and copies of Super Street Fighter 4, Tekken 6, as well as Marvel Vs Capcom 2 so I doubt I will dish out more cash into fighting games anytime soon.

But who knows, perhaps once the game has been out for a while and the price goes down I will consider buying it since it actually looks pretty awesome.

*drool* :F

Me want. If anything I do have to say I like the art direction they're using in this. Even if it's not quite on par with MvC2 I'd still get it.

Meh, I hate thse fighting games like this. Primal Rage was the only good one... Wait, fighting game... The first MvC was a side scrolling fighter... Or am I... What thread is this... Chocolate... MvC is a fighting game like... Mortal Kombat? ... Kombat is spelled with a K? Hurm... Spam...

eargosedown said:

Doom's voice so far has me a little down. It's just not as... intimidating as MvC2's voicing for the character.

He's possibly my favorite from their entire series. Good memories of him + War Machine in LAN Mugen fights =]

Heh, glad that I'm not the only Doom fan here. I agree with the lacking of Doom's voice this time around (it kinda reminds me of G1 Transformers Shockwave).

Game itself shows promise, just gotta keep at it...make every character broken (lol), and keep it FAST!!

- BAMP FROM TEH DEAD -

Rather than start a new thread I figured I could use this existing one. I incidentally bought this game the day it came out in the US (Feb. 15th if I remember right) and I have to say its pretty damn fun. They changed the gameplay a bit so the characters are more balanced, but the overall gameplay remains the same as it was in MvC2, i.e. pull off massive combos one after another so your opponent can't retaliate and then finish them with the special. It's just as addicting as its predecessors and I could play for hours (except I don't have a PS3 and I left it back south with my friend who does have one T_T).

The only thing I can say that pisses me off about MvC3 is the voice acting. It was one of the things I loved about MvC2, but here it's as if the voice actors are trying too hard or honestly just sound outright horrible. It's not to say that ALL of it is terrible, but there are times I just sit there reaming with annoyance at some of the things that most of the characters say or even just the way they sound (just watch a gameplay video of Captain America or Ryu).

Overall - very fun in my book. I would consider getting a PS3 just to play it, but then again I am a huge fanboy of the franchise. I don't know when it's supposed to hit stores in other countries (or if it already has) but I'd definitely be curious to hear other opinions on it.

P.S. - In case leileilol shows up in here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBWH_mJ7m6s

My friend has this game and has been playing it. He uses Deadpool as his main character, as he's a fan of the comics. He's pretty hilarious as a character. I also thought it was funny that Amaratsu was a character. It's a bit ridiculous. Coincidentally, I was there when he unlocked Hsien-ko and all I could think was "oh shit, Leileilol would jizz his pants".

Erm... Isn't Amaterasu like Japan's version of Britannia (except also part of the Shinto creation myth)? Unless i'm missing some anime reference (more than likely).

deathbringer said:

Erm... Isn't Amaterasu like Japan's version of Britannia (except also part of the Shinto creation myth)? Unless i'm missing some anime reference (more than likely).

Pretty much, yes. She's the sun goddess. But she's also the protagonist in the Okami series of games from Capcom.

I was thinking about byuing MVC3 but I realised it would be bad for my health :/ I get so damned pissed of when I play SSF4 that I've been close to smash my apartment to pieces some times.

I'm sure MVC3 is as addictive as SSF4, and therefor will cause me mental black-outs.

It was until they nerfed him. He's still extremely good, though - just have to be more careful with him. He still does a an insane amount of damage.

Carnevil said:

It was until they nerfed him. He's still extremely good, though - just have to be more careful with him. He still does a an insane amount of damage.

This. As I haven't had access to the game in over a month I wouldn't know, but my friend who has my copy (more importantly a PS3 to play it on) said they released an update that toned him down quite a bit so it's a bit more fair. This apparently pissed off another one of my friends who used to love using Sentinel in online matches except now he's not as good as he used to be.

I would expect more gameplay balances in the future, though I always saw this series as one with gameplay that tended to be a bit overpowering in most cases

fuck yeah Sentinel. I haven't decided which other characters to have on my team (Dormammu is cool but he needs practice), hopefully they'll come out with Juggernaut DLC.