Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jive

Legacy is dying

i have read here and there... Ok, I admit: I have read only here that Doom Legacy is dying.

Are you completely stupid, Doomworld guys?

Do you really think that I will make all my efforts to build the Doom Legacy Wads site, aka DLW, if Legacy was dying?

Yes, if you think really that Legacy is dying, you are blind and/or stupid!!!

Saying untruth is not cool...

Are you completely stupid, Doomworld guys?

Did you see the disclaimer at the bottom of the post? I said I was only kidding.

Okay then, let's see here.

Legacy is the least popular source port.

Legacy is, well, it is not the best programmed port.

A key programmer just left.

They refuse to support WinXP.

I don't know how that sounds to you, but it sounds exactly the same to me, because I hate Legacy. I've always hated Legacy.

Legacy is not a bad port, but there are better ports available. Not saying it's bad or anything-it's just good, but only good.
I personally like ZDoom better.

Legacy is the least popular source port.

BUZZZZZ! I'm sorry but that's incorrect. Vavoom and Edge to name two are both less popular than Legacy.

Legacy is, well, it is not the best programmed port.

It's not the worst either.

A key programmer just left.

He said himself, he ran out of steam. He wouldn't be helping if he stayed.

They refuse to support WinXP.

Boo fucking hoo :P It should probably work fine for most people anyway.

I played a game or two of Deathmatch on Legacy...it was okay, but the transparent floors were confusing. Also, we had an assload of lag.

For me it isnt a matter of preference, Zdoom is VERY unstable and slow on my system, I cant use the new versions at all because the display just goes crap.
Legacy runs nice smoothly and only crashes when there is a problem with the wadfile. the only thing I'd ever use zdoom for is netplay (56k dial-up in New Zealand makes this useless for any doom port anyway) the more true to the original colours and the .bex and special wad support (teitenga) oh and slopes, but legacy has cool water, 3dfloors and translucent sectors, oh and ZDoom is absolutly fuckawful for getting it set up properly..

fraggle! You killed Legacy! You murdering bastard!!!!
@#$!%

Heh =]

I'm with deadnail and others who also hate legacy. Legacy has a crappy set of network codes. Zdoom is the most compatible modification for playing online, for dm preferably.

Doomworld guys: whoever come to post/reply/registered members, so did you also refer ur one of those stupid people?

I have nearly every source port (including EDGE & Vavoom), and the only one i don't use is legacy.

I wouldn't use legacy if it didn't have Heretic support. I use it to play Heretic games over the Doom Connector.

I fucking hate newdoom and I fucking hate you. You wouldn't want a Ralphis and his gang (deathz0r) to come bring terror upon newdoom would you?! I think not. I should anyway since that POS wmull deleted all my files when we were the first hosted site

well I'm getting a replacment for my sidekick now.

but i make logical posts there.

Was it alive?

It's a vicious rumor, don't put any faith into it. Just ask the 12th letter.

at the moment i'm jumping between Legacy and Jdoom. Legacy Seems to be the only port besides Boom that run the 10sector.wad properly. and jdoom looks nice. all bright and shiny.... pritty.... oooooooh....
Yikes... tuned out for a sec.

Legacy Seems to be the only port besides Boom that run the 10sector.wad properly.

What about MBF, or the best Boom continuation yet, PRBoom? Assuming you're on NT/2K/XP GLBoom will even work nicely for you (it comes with PRBoom and it's fucking fantastic... plays and feels exactly like the original but with GL smoothing [you can even select the blending method in the cfg file, try gl_mip_linear_nearest]).

and jdoom looks nice. all bright and shiny.... pritty.... oooooooh....
Yikes... tuned out for a sec.

JDoom... man, I dunno. Something just bothers the living shit out of me about it but I don't know what. I may not like it but I'll still place it 20 slots up on my list of favorite ports over Legacy.