Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

robert duffy interview - modding

There's an interview with Robert Duffy
I'd like to hear peoples' opinion on Robert Duffy claiming that "Doom 3" will be easy to mod for - especially tech people like Zaldron or Katarhyne.
[edit]Why the fuck can't I get that damn link to work properly???[/edit]

Don't bother cut-n-pasting that link, here's the paragraph in question :

I'll answer all of these at once. In most cases we are not releasing any information on DOOM. I can say that DOOM is going to be really easy to mod. We have surfaced an extremely powerful scripting system, new gui system, obviously the new rendering architecture as well all the other aspects of the game. Most everything is configured with some sort of scripting so it should give mod makers a really nice set of tools for game making.

All of the tools (editor, bsp, etc. ) are built into the same .exe as the game so if you have the game you have all the tools we used to make the game apart from obvious things like Maya, Photoshop and other 3rd party tools.

*puts hands in pants*

Hmmmmmm.

Pretty cool info, but it's kinda the absolute opposite of what Carmack and Dose have been saying all this time...

Eh ? Are you drunk ?

While we're at it :

http://www.planetquake3.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Features&file=fred_nilsson

What is your job at id Software? (what that person does, programs used etc)

Fred: I was hired about a year and a half ago as an artist/animator. I setup and animate the monsters/characters/weapons using Maya... I will be responsiblefor most if not all of the character animation within the game including cycles/cinematics/complex machinery/special environment animations..etc..

cycles/cinematics/complex machinery/special environment animations

Nice.

FlatHead - sorry dude! I just reread it all. I'm telling you, there is something wrong with my head lately! :)

I dont know if Zaldron or anybody remebres this, but remeber prey? The original plan for it?

Enuff said, this is gonna be AWESOME