Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E.J.

Doom for Dreamcast (1.2) with networking

For those who like retro-gaming, even on older game consoles... Hmmmm, I don't know any. ;)

Homebrew coder JLF65 has released a newer version of his Dreamcast Doom port.

Via Dcemu.co.uk:

JLF65 said:
After almost a year, a new update is ready. The networking has been debugged - you can now actually play against other people running this version of Doom for the DC, my latest Doom for the PSP, old versions of sdlDoom for the PC, ADoom for AROS, or ADoomPPC on the Amiga. I also fixed a bug in the OSK (on-screen keyboard) when using VGA out.

Although it requires a Dreamcast BBA, the cool part is that you can play against the other Doom ports listed above, on different platforms like the PSP. It should also be noted that this is the first Dreamcast homebrew project to have networking implemented.

AFAIK - The port is Vanilla compatible, with a few limit changes.

E.J. said:

For those who like retro-gaming, even on older game consoles... Hmmmm, I don't know any. ;)

Me. But I suppose I don't know you.

That sounds pretty cool. I'll have to dust off my DC and give this a try if I can. I don't have a keyboard though so hopefully you can play it with the controller.

It supports the DC keyboard, mouse, and controller. The controller can be standalone.

It also has VMU saving, in-game VMU status screen, jump-pack support (force feedback), midi/mus support, stereo sound, 320x240 & 640x480 resolutions, and can load up to four '.wad' & '.deh' files per game.